Jacob Ramsey

sir_gary_cahill

On 30/03/2023 at 19:36, villabromsgrove said:

There's been both praise and criticism of JJ. I think the thing we may all be able to agree on is that he has a sell on value that will repay Villa's investment in him. We need more of our very good academy prospects to do the same.

At his best he is outstanding, at his worst he still puts in a shift. I hope he stays with us, but I would expect a very healthy sale price if he does leave.

I like JJ but he has work to do on his game....he is still learning.

Look how Dougie has matured.

JJ still gets shoved off the ball a little easy, its something to work on....but his runs are a real threat.

Young players do tend to struggle for consistency and JJ is that.

I don't think he will leave, we need to work on him.

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

36 minutes ago, duke313 said:

I think that's why we've been linked to mostly La Liga players.  Spanish players very good playing in tight spaces with quick tiki taka like passes, it's how they're trained in Spain.  And it's players like that we need to break the low block.  The better we get, the more teams will sit back against us, we need those kinds of players.  Think we'll see Unai mainly target that league to try and poach players, that and the fact he knows the league inside out.

Yep. Look at Alex Moreno - bargain but so good in tight spaces.

• Like 1

When he plays a little wider, towards the flanks, he often has less space to run into with the ball, which is his key strength. He'll need to adapt to this if he's to continue in the first XI. 

Not his game last night.

Always struggles when the game is tight and without space to run into. Funnily enough, Aaron would really suit those games IMO.

He'll be given all the instruction and opportunity to fix it. I wouldn't mind seeing him in that role up front which was basically very advanced right wing last night.

I do wonder how he would fair if he was to play up in the role Bailey is currently in. He is better at dribbling and scoring and it would allow him to thrust forward with the ball with less concern defensively.

If Kamara is fit on Saturday maybe move McGinn out right and drop Bailey to the bench?

2 minutes ago, picicata said:

I do wonder how he would fair if he was to play up in the role Bailey is currently in. He is better at dribbling and scoring and it would allow him to thrust forward with the ball with less concern defensively.

If Kamara is fit on Saturday maybe move McGinn out right and drop Bailey to the bench?

Buendia has also played that role Bailey played last night, possibly swap him back out left?

I think JJ is good at carrying the ball through midfield challenges but it's a different 1v1 when the fullback can square you up and just try to force you back or pin you down the byline.

It's just a part of his game that he has to improve as he carries a lot of important attributes defensively as well in the middle of the park as well as one of the outside mids defending.

I agree that he's a more natural player on the left of the park vs the right but Buendia is forming a good connection with Moreno on that side.

He will improve under Unai's tutelage. It's just hard to tell a sprinter that you have to slow down.

16 minutes ago, Mark_1989 said:

Think he will struggle for starting spot next season

He's 21. He has years of improvement to come. Luiz is 3 years older than him and look at how he's improved in those years. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, CVByrne said:

He's 21. He has years of improvement to come. Luiz is 3 years older than him and look at how he's improved in those years. 

Luiz is much better in tight spaces. Completely different players and not that relevant a comparison really.

Luiz was always guaranteed to come good once he found consistency as his ability was glaringly obvious (to most). With Ramsey, I'm not quite as convinced, but still hopeful.

• Like 2

Just now, Tom13 said:

Luiz is much better in tight spaces. Completely different players and not that relevant a comparison really.

Luiz was always guaranteed to come good once he found consistency as his ability was glaringly obvious (to most). With Ramsey, I'm not quite as convinced, but still hopeful.

Yet pretty much every coach who has worked with him says his potential is massive.

20 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Other way round for me, but they're very different players.

It’s not really about their style of play, just that Luiz has improved massively in the last couple years, no reason why JJ can’t. I had written Luiz off, and thought he wasn’t good enough for PL, thankfully I was completely wrong. No reason why JJ can’t also improve.

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â