Jacob Ramsey

sir_gary_cahill

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

What a goal

easy to say with the c&b specs on but him and Elliot look a level above the rest

Got to be honest, I thought he was having a quiet (not poor) game before the goal. Mainly because England are using the flanks a lot and JJ is central.

Just now, WallisFrizz said:

Got to be honest, I thought he was having a quiet (not poor) game before the goal. Mainly because England are using the flanks a lot and JJ is central.

Yeah quiet is the right word, he is but at the same time I just think his decision making and the stuff he is attempting is better than other players

doesnt look as flashy as say balogun or even livramento but they do something well followed by something poorly or something rash whereas JJ just looks a bit calmer and more controlled to me which makes him look both more experienced which he is but also more intelligent as a footballer

without bothering to look he must be close to having the most PL games in this team

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Yeah quiet is the right word, he is but at the same time I just think his decision making and the stuff he is attempting is better than other players

doesnt look as flashy as say balogun or even livramento but they do something well followed by something poorly or something rash whereas JJ just looks a bit calmer and more controlled to me which makes him look both more experienced which he is but also more intelligent as a footballer

without bothering to look he must be close to having the most PL games in this team

I love it when he drives forward with the ball at his feet. Such power.

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

What a goal

easy to say with the c&b specs on but him and Elliot look a level above the rest

Ye, Elliot is a class player.

Lovely goal by Ramsey tho, i really think he is the only one of our midfielders with the potential to be part of a top 8 midfield. (not inc. Sanson in that, cus we just dont know one way or another right now....)

2 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

He has a lot of similarities to SG in how he plays. Just need to see what his heading ability is like.

I disagree with this... He's more Lampard than Gerrard.  Stevie was a tenacious defender and had a workrate similar to McGinn's in his prime.  

• Like 2

I think we are hampering Ramsey and McGinn with how we play the flat midfield 3. If we stick with that and having the midfielders cover for the full backs then we need to play Ramsey as a 10 as he has such a brilliant finish on him. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

I think we are hampering Ramsey and McGinn with how we play the flat midfield 3. If we stick with that and having the midfielders cover for the full backs then we need to play Ramsey as a 10 as he has such a brilliant finish on him. 

The midfielders are pretty much fullbacks in said positions. 

5 hours ago, KMitch said:

I disagree with this... He's more Lampard than Gerrard.  Stevie was a tenacious defender and had a workrate similar to McGinn's in his prime.  

I disagree with this. Stevie was a tenacious midfielder, who could attack and defend with equal aplomb. 

Jacob's ability to drive forward with the ball and also the way he strikes the ball are very similar to how Gerrard played, imo.

Edited by sheepyvillian

5 hours ago, KMitch said:

JJ is the least photogenic person I've ever seen...  

He reminds me of Gabby when I see a photo of him. Just that empty expression. Thankfully that’s the only thing in him that reminds me of Gabby. 

20 minutes ago, sparrow1988 said:

He reminds me of Gabby when I see a photo of him. Just that empty expression. Thankfully that’s the only thing in him that reminds me of Gabby. 

both have played for Villa 😉

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â