Kortney Hause

Sam3773

8 minutes ago, Xela said:

I assume the club would have put an offer to him to leave, but he's entitled to stay to the end of his contract. 

Of course he is but I won’t respect him for it because he’s ruining his own career. He ain’t gonna be getting any game time here.

More respect for Chambers who wasn’t good enough for us, realised that, and decided to leave to go and play matches even if it is in the division below.

Hause could take note of that decision.

52 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

He's coming back from a very serious injury. Everything was good for him and going on Loan and securing a permanent transfer away. He got a very bad injury which ruined that and has potentially ruined his career. So unlucky and I hope he can find a club this summer and get his career back on track. He was one of the team who got us out of the Championship and I think it says a lot about the individuals in this thread who are treating him like he is some kind of parasite player who has sat here at Villa and not wanted to leave and play football. I find it frankly disgusting the lack of respect and compassion for the player. 

He doesn’t deserve to be treated as a parasite. I just want him to find a new club, for the benefit of himself and us. Our squad is too big and he hasn’t played for us in nearly 3 years. 

5 minutes ago, Leeroy said:

He doesn’t deserve to be treated as a parasite. I just want him to find a new club, for the benefit of himself and us. Our squad is too big and he hasn’t played for us in nearly 3 years. 

He played 9 times in 21/22 season and had injuries plague him that season too. He scored the winner against United. He then went on Loan in 22/23 and that's where he got injured and didn't have surgery until Watford and Villa agreed and he's been recovering since. Had he not suffered the injury he would have found a move, he was a good player and for sure a top end Championship quality 

He's 29, played 3 games in 2 years due to injuries and is currently still injured

I'm sure his agent is beating offers off with a stick

Also when people say why would he stay at villa, his wage now is almost certainly the highest it will ever be, hes probably facing retirement, he'd be **** insane to reduce his pay now

50 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

He's 29, played 3 games in 2 years due to injuries and is currently still injured

I'm sure his agent is beating offers off with a stick

Also when people say why would he stay at villa, his wage now is almost certainly the highest it will ever be, hes probably facing retirement, he'd be **** insane to reduce his pay now

Contract is up next year. I don’t see him leaving, the injuries sound horrible for sure. Though I’m not sure the wisdom in giving him a three year extension back in 2022 either - was not a crucial name for us. 

On 28/07/2024 at 18:10, The_Steve said:

Contract is up next year. I don’t see him leaving, the injuries sound horrible for sure. Though I’m not sure the wisdom in giving him a three year extension back in 2022 either - was not a crucial name for us. 

At the time I don't think they for saw the rise we've had and a left sided 1st choice / backup of Mings / Hause for the next 3/4 years probably looked like a very sound concept to invest in. 

Don't think anyone's done anything wrong here from what we can guess is going on. Having said that I still think he needs to go. It is getting ridiculous now when we've got people like Buendia getting a serious sesson-long injury, recovering from it after a year and going on tour to the USA and getting minutes under his belt. Meanwhile in that time Hause had an injury prior, was recovering and then ????????? Until now. Just mentions of an occasional appearance on the training pitch followed by radio silence for another 3 months. 

If you're not going on the USA tour ahead of a couple of teenage centre backs who are due to leave on loan to lower league teams, what the hell are you up to. 

My biggest worry is that he had a serious mental breakdown and couldn't mentally handle playing football any more and he just gets badgered online constantly about his return on his socials. 

2 minutes ago, DakotaVilla said:

They would probably have paid him off by now but clearly he’s a well liked member of the squad. Ty always makes sure he’s mentioned when talking about longest serving players etc. 

That's because Ty, Hause and McGinn were three of the players who went on the amazing run and got us out of the Championship, forever changing the course of this clubs history. That team will always have a special place in hearts as we were in a bad financial way without parachute payments the following season if we didn't get up. Who knows what would have happened.

• 5 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, Monkeypuzzle said:

So is this the last year of his contract?

Hasn't played a game in 2 years. 

Wouldn't be surprised if he just retires once his deal is up.

1 hour ago, Monkeypuzzle said:

So is this the last year of his contract?

Yep

Aston Villa is pleased to announce that Kortney Hause has signed a contract extension until 2025.

Hause joined the club in January 2019 initially on loan, helping the club win promotion to the Premier League before signing on a permanent basis later that summer.

The defender has since made 42 appearances in all competitions, scoring three goals including the winner at Old Trafford earlier this season as Villa beat Manchester United 1-0.

It’s all very odd with Kortney. He just seems to have given up trying. I don’t think he’s injured but he’s never available and never spoken about. At his best he’s easily good enough for a top championship club.

Does anybody know what’s going on with him?

19 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

It’s all very odd with Kortney. He just seems to have given up trying. I don’t think he’s injured but he’s never available and never spoken about. At his best he’s easily good enough for a top championship club.

Does anybody know what’s going on with him?

he posted a video on his insta last week about having to do really really basic tennis ball catching while standing on one leg type stuff

he's absolutely ****, he'll see his contract out then retire

• Like 1

Giving him a three and a half year extension was bizarre. Goes under the radar due to us signing Coutinho and Digne in the same month.

As mentioned above by @CVByrne he was already getting injuries and limited gameplan before Jan 2022. We also signed Chambers on a three and a half year deal that month so we had four CBs and also had Diego Carlos as a long term target who we then signed two weeks after the season finished.

I know Slippy seemingly had the obsession of forcing Mings out of the club but I can't believe the plan was then to put Hause as back up when he was hardly playing.

He'd been with us three years at that stage and we knew his general level so the sort you just give one year extensions to e.g. West Ham seem to have been doing that with Aaron Creswell for last 3-4 years. Same with Man. United and Johnny Evans.

6 hours ago, villa4europe said:

he posted a video on his insta last week about having to do really really basic tennis ball catching while standing on one leg type stuff

he's absolutely ****, he'll see his contract out then retire

Don’t blame him for seeing out his contract if that’s the case

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â