In Sickness and in Health

mjmooney

12 minutes ago, turnbull said:

Thanks boss. Still getting swelling and stiffness, but it's gradually easing though. I'm sticking to the excercise program now and I can at least straighten my leg completely now so it's flat to the floor.

I can't imagine trying to cope with 40 degrees, I'd have got no sleep at all! Shame about the numbness tho, I think that may be fairly common from what I've read.

Well the surgeon said something about the nerves go across the knee, so he moved them out the way, did the replacement then moved them back and did say numbness might be long-term 🙄

Haven't helped myself by wfh 100% meaning i am diving into snacks due to boredom esp on night shifts so have piled on the weight

Edited by mottaloo
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

I had the same surgery i think (if it was a septoplasty?)

The 24 hours after it were absolute hell. Those rags stuffed up both nostrils, not able to sleep as your mouth dries out within 5 minutes. When the doctor pulled them out after a day or so, I nearly died of happiness.

Yeah that’s it, septoplasty and some rhinoturbine thing. I don’t want to tempt fate but I’ve been largely fine. The rag thing filled up with blood yesterday, and my sleep was very broken, but today I’m fine. It just feels a bit sore and bunged up, no worse than a bad cold right now 

Edited by Rob182

10 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

Well the surgeon said something about the nerves go across the knee, so he moved them out the way, did the replacement then moved them back and did say numbness might be long-term 🙄

Haven't helped myself by wfh 100% meaning i am diving into snacks due to boredom esp on night shifts so have piled on the weight

I've tried to avoid comfort eating, but I've been off work for 11 weeks now and it's been tough. Luckily too, I can't WFH. 

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â