In Sickness and in Health

mjmooney

5 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Healing nice 

9294ECAE-31E1-47B8-94B8-E926FE978298.jpeg

Blimey, last time a saw a gash that ugly was on onlyfans.

Get well soon Ruge!

• Haha 2

On 20/08/2024 at 14:52, mjmooney said:

Well, that was my suggestion, but the doc insisted not. I think we'll see if the blood test shows anything up. 

TBH, my suspicion is that it IS the early stages of Alzheimers, which is why I'd like it investigated a bit better, because there are some very promising new drugs - but they're only effective if you catch it early. Leave it till she can't do the 'what day is it' test, and it's way too late. 

I think we will be seeking a second opinion. 

You fight for her, Mike.

Sorry to hear about her health concerns..

My wife's grandfather is moving into a home in 2 weeks after his wife died last week.  His mental health has been deteriorating for a few years and was only officially diagnosed and treated 18 months ago, which, as you say, has been far too late.

The result has been his wife's health, in trying to keep him safe and healthy, deteriorated to the point she was unable to get upstairs, constantly increasing her oxygen tank levels (she had COPD), was taken to hospital, came out and told her loved ones she couldn't do it anymore. So she stopped eating, drinking and wearing her oxygen mask until she was essentially given enough morphine, her systems shut down in 2 weeks and she died very quickly.  

This obviously isn't that, but I've taken it as a lesson learned to push for answers, even if you're given one.  Trust your gut.  You know her better than anyone else on planet earth.

I hope you both find good health.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

You fight for her, Mike.

Sorry to hear about her health concerns..

My wife's grandfather is moving into a home in 2 weeks after his wife died last week.  His mental health has been deteriorating for a few years and was only officially diagnosed and treated 18 months ago, which, as you say, has been far too late.

The result has been his wife's health, in trying to keep him safe and healthy, deteriorated to the point she was unable to get upstairs, constantly increasing her oxygen tank levels (she had COPD), was taken to hospital, came out and told her loved ones she couldn't do it anymore. So she stopped eating, drinking and wearing her oxygen mask until she was essentially given enough morphine, her systems shut down in 2 weeks and she died very quickly.  

This obviously isn't that, but I've taken it as a lesson learned to push for answers, even if you're given one.  Trust your gut.  You know her better than anyone else on planet earth.

I hope you both find good health.

Thanks mate, appreciated. 

TBH, things are still 95% fine atm, but we're both well aware as to where this might end up. 

But, y'know, 42 years of marriage, better or worse and all that. We'll deal with it. 

• Like 1

Sorry to hear about your wife's issues, Mike.   I agree with the recommendation to try dropping the statins.   It may be a bit of a long shot, but as others have mentioned, short term risk of stopping them is pretty much nonexistent, particularly since she's only on them as a general precaution vs. a response to confirmed plaque issues.   I've been on statins for about 6 months after a CT angiogram and CT calcium test showed slightly elevated calcium and very mild plaque, and even with that the cardiologist said she was doing it more as a precaution than a needed treatment.

It sounds like you're on top of the possibility of UTI.   Confusion was definitely a symptom of that for my mother when she got it fairly often in her later years.  In fact, that was often the symptom that tipped off the nurses that she probably had a UTI.

I hope you get some answers soon and that the news is good.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

A day in hospital for me today. Elective procedure to have the inside of my nose sliced open, chopped up and put back together, as apparently my nostril was basically closed shut (and has been for at least 20 years, as I’ve always had an almost-blocked nose and just lived with it).

Operation done, sky sports in my hospital room, a few lattes and a fancy sandwich and now I’m about to go home and the hard part starts…

… pray for me VT that my 3 year old, 6 year old and 3 cats don’t jump all over me while I recover! (No risk of my wife jumping on me 😒😂)

• Like 2

I had a total knee replacement at Sandwell just over 3 weeks ago and I have to say the recovery isn't going too badly. First 2 weeks weren't brilliant, feeling agitated and struggling to sleep, but it's settled down now and at least I can do the exercises on the Physio app now, which is helping. I honestly can't wait to have the other knee done now as it's really playing up now.

I've nothing but praise for the staff at the hospital, from booking in to being discharged and the the lost op care, everyone has been friendly and helpful. It helped that there were two Black Country lads on the ward who were very funny, there was some great banter, especially as I was the only Brummie. 

I'm guessing there must be a few more on here who've had knee replacements, how did your recovery go? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, turnbull said:

I had a total knee replacement at Sandwell just over 3 weeks ago and I have to say the recovery isn't going too badly. First 2 weeks weren't brilliant, feeling agitated and struggling to sleep, but it's settled down now and at least I can do the exercises on the Physio app now, which is helping. I honestly can't wait to have the other knee done now as it's really playing up now.

I've nothing but praise for the staff at the hospital, from booking in to being discharged and the the lost op care, everyone has been friendly and helpful. It helped that there were two Black Country lads on the ward who were very funny, there was some great banter, especially as I was the only Brummie. 

I'm guessing there must be a few more on here who've had knee replacements, how did your recovery go? 

Had my right knee replaced in 2022 just as the heatwave kicked in (mid july) when it hit 40° 

Never had pain as such but a lot of swelling and stiffness (kw) - physio was OK in stages. One thing though, the outside of my new knee is still quite numb so I don't know if I was unlucky or it will come back eventually. 

Good luck with your recovery 

1 hour ago, mottaloo said:

Had my right knee replaced in 2022 just as the heatwave kicked in (mid july) when it hit 40° 

Never had pain as such but a lot of swelling and stiffness (kw) - physio was OK in stages. One thing though, the outside of my new knee is still quite numb so I don't know if I was unlucky or it will come back eventually. 

Good luck with your recovery 

Thanks boss. Still getting swelling and stiffness, but it's gradually easing though. I'm sticking to the excercise program now and I can at least straighten my leg completely now so it's flat to the floor.

I can't imagine trying to cope with 40 degrees, I'd have got no sleep at all! Shame about the numbness tho, I think that may be fairly common from what I've read.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Rob182 said:

A day in hospital for me today. Elective procedure to have the inside of my nose sliced open, chopped up and put back together, as apparently my nostril was basically closed shut (and has been for at least 20 years, as I’ve always had an almost-blocked nose and just lived with it).

Operation done, sky sports in my hospital room, a few lattes and a fancy sandwich and now I’m about to go home and the hard part starts…

… pray for me VT that my 3 year old, 6 year old and 3 cats don’t jump all over me while I recover! (No risk of my wife jumping on me 😒😂)

I had the same surgery i think (if it was a septoplasty?)

The 24 hours after it were absolute hell. Those rags stuffed up both nostrils, not able to sleep as your mouth dries out within 5 minutes. When the doctor pulled them out after a day or so, I nearly died of happiness.

• Like 2

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â