Racism in Football

Zatman

Now Argentine VP has had a pop at colonialists who wont intimidate Argentina and she called them hypocrites

Cant imagine some English wont be enjoying that the French are taking over as Argentina European nemesis 😛

7 hours ago, Zatman said:

Now Argentine VP has had a pop at colonialists who wont intimidate Argentina and she called them hypocrites

Cant imagine some English wont be enjoying that the French are taking over as Argentina European nemesis 😛

Yes, because Argentina's history is just sunshine and roses. I hate all the finger pointing and pussyfooting around the issue. In a twisted way I'd respect them more if they just said "yeah we called them n****rs and what of it?".

On 18/07/2024 at 23:44, colhint said:

Hang on a minute. By what standards do you expect people to live by. Neither you or I or any of us really have had the high that Emi has been through. wasnt it Ozzy who said after  a major gig, we'd go and get wasted. People do stupid things in those moments. We've never experienced it. I've known people not look when penalties are taken. Is that logical? No it isnt. I've known people on VT wear the same clothes, or do the same routines, when match day comes. They wouldn't do it for a friendly, would they. You watch the after match thread after a win compared to after a defeat. They rarely end with the same number of pages. After a win by the time I've keyed in a post I might be on page three but by the time I post I'll be on page seven. This is the natural high. It's adrenalin. Our adrenalin is nowhere near the same as an elite athlete.

So racism is ok if you've just won a trophy? Got it.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, R.Bear said:

Yeah I won most academic student award back in ‘99, and I bloody hate the French.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, R.Bear said:

So when Emi takes the knee how should fans react. Maybe boo him because it's false.

1 hour ago, colhint said:

So when Emi takes the knee how should fans react. Maybe boo him because it's false.

I'm not going to be too hard on Emi, because ultimately, we don't know if he was involved.

If he was (and it is if), I think what a person does in "private" before the livestream is abruptly ended is more indicative of their character than what they do for PR when they're aware they're in the public eye and being internationally broadcast.

Any dickhead can take the knee for 10 seconds to keep the public off their back, if they're signing racist shit in private, I don't care that they took the knee.

• Like 2

And therein lies the problem. The conversation started when one poster suggested that it was shit from Emi and a shit on the VIlla. He didn't even know whether Emi was involved or not, but guilty because he had not denied it. I said by what standards do you judge yourself. Especially on a adrenalin high. I've seen no evidence of Emi singing that song but I've seen him take the knee. And I wouldn't use @R.Beartabloid headline to describe him. So no I don't think I'll of him without evidence. Next it'll be the Daily Mail headline Emi Martinez refuses to deny.

1 hour ago, colhint said:

I don’t give anyone any credit whatsoever for the pointless and meaningless empty PR gesture of taking the knee so I couldn’t give a shit who does it.

11 minutes ago, colhint said:

I said by what standards do you judge yourself. Especially on a adrenalin high

There is no amount of adrenalin or anything else that could make me say something racist. I have no idea what point you’re trying to make but I can assure you it isn’t a good one.

• Like 2

On 19/07/2024 at 07:55, MrBlack said:

I'm not saying he's guilty, just that he's not doing anything to make himself look innocent, or set a higher standard of principles.  I'm saying he could easily come out and make a statement distancing himself from what was being sung, criticising it, and not following the line of McAllister and the Argentinan President who seem to be excusing or playing down racism.

His silence on the matter is questionable, although he's far from the only player on the bus that hasn't said anything so maybe I'm expecting too much of him. 

I disagree. It's gone political so best to stay out of it.

8 hours ago, VillaAlex said:

Legia Warsaw being as scummy as ever. (It's not what first appears) 

RDT_20240721_0628204151236654683561145 (1).jpg

What is that? Two blokes with hammers, one of whom looks like Vinnie Jones. A woman with a pig on some lederhosen, and a refugees welcome sign? What?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I disagree. It's gone political so best to stay out of it.

The fact it's gone political just shows how backwards Argentina is. Disgusting behaviour from them and their players. But I agree, for now,  best for Emi to let the powers that be bring themselves into disrepute.

It's a shame the country is so backwards that him coming out and condemning it would probably mean he gets dropped from the squad.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

What is that? Two blokes with hammers, one of whom looks like Vinnie Jones. A woman with a pig on some lederhosen, and a refugees welcome sign? What?

The Poles are "welcoming" refugees with a hammer, a knife and served a pig's head. If you're still struggling, in other words they're far from welcome.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, R.Bear said:

The Poles are "welcoming" refugees with a hammer, a knife and served a pig's head. If you're still struggling, in other words they're far from welcome.

Yeah, i got they're not really welcome, but wasnt sure whether there was any significance in the Vinnie Jones or the pigs head. Also didn't realise lederhosen was a Polish thing.

2 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Yeah, i got they're not really welcome, but wasnt sure whether there was any significance in the Vinnie Jones or the pigs head. Also didn't realise lederhosen was a Polish thing.

Its especially sad when Poland, a country in which millions of their citizens were murdered by a racist regime and also that had just as many saved by their refugees being welcomed into other countries.

But then most football ultras have a lower IQ than their fingers and toes so its hardly a surprise.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Pig's head associates all refugees with Muslims (as pork is forbidden in Islam) and the weapons are self-evidently threats of violence.

• Thanks 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â