Racism in Football

Zatman

29 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

I don't know these people personally, I can only judge their actions. I'm struggling to think why else one would gleefully sing such a song? 

It's a mob effect. 10 German bombers in the air, but many people singing it wouldn't celebrate deaths of Germans. 

33 minutes ago, sne said:

A couple of them probably are. Law of averages you probably get a couple racists, transfobes and even vegans

Worse than Hitler!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

If you look at the history of Argentina in the 1930’s and after WW2, a lot of Germans migrated to Argentina especially members of the Nazi party. At one stage it was approx 5% of the population.

It’s not a surprise that after 3-4 generations those opinions appear in small parts of the population. 

1 minute ago, QldVilla said:

If you look at the history of Argentina in the 1930’s and after WW2, a lot of Germans migrated to Argentina especially members of the Nazi party. At one stage it was approx 5% of the population.

It’s not a surprise that after 3-4 generations those opinions appear in small parts of the population. 

Hardly has to be Nazi or German to be racist thou.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Full BBC and Sky Sports News coverage of this, no mention of Martinez made in either report.

Edit - nor from lefty snowflake cancel culture Guardian either...unless they've spelt his name wrong.

Edited by sidcow

Anti-Blackness runs deep in Argentina 

“Argentina needs to understand that it is both very racist and very Afro,” said black activist and researcher Alí Delgado.

University lecturer Patricia Gomes is another Afro-descendant researcher intent on demolishing Argentina’s mythical self-image as a white nation. “In Argentina it used to be said that here there were no blacks, therefore there was no one to be racist with – and hence there was no racism,” she said.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/may/31/argentina-white-european-racism-history

5 minutes ago, sne said:

Hardly has to be Nazi or German to be racist thou.

Your right. But there is a special history with them and Argentina, and not a surprise that it could play a small part in some communities along with poor education.

1 minute ago, QldVilla said:

Your right. But there is a special history with them and Argentina, and not a surprise that it could play a small part in some communities along with poor education.

Think that's a stretch tbh.

4 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Full BBC and Sky Sports News coverage of this, no mention of Martinez made in either report.

Edit - nor from lefty snowflake cancel culture Guardian either...unless they've spelt his name wrong.

Apparently it's been confirmed that Emi, Messi, MacAlister, Laturo Martinez and Otamendi were not on the bus.

J.Alvarez was sat beside Enzo. Saw a photo of them on Twitter/X

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, sne said:

Think that's a stretch tbh.

There’s a movie about Adolf Eichmann on Netflix that shows how the mossad kidnapped him from Argentina. This was the 1960’s. To say future generations weren’t affected by this ideology although diluted isn’t a stretch.

4 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

Yes, but what is a stretch is bringing Eichmann to a conversation where a few millionaire kids sing about idiotic careless things on a bus. 

This ⬆️

If he was singing he should apologise to our French players when he gets back. He probably was signing you'd imagine. Other than that more Enzo who should be disciplined for recording and posting it to Instagram. 

11 hours ago, duke313 said:

It’s only disappointing if he was singing in the racist song. You can’t tar everyone with the same brush just be I they were on the bus. 

If there’s a Nazi at the table and 10 other people sitting there talking to him, you got a table with 11 Nazis

If you don't shut it down immediately you sre part of the problem. Emi is one of the team leaders and if Messi isn't on the bus he should get them to stop.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mic09 said:

It's a mob effect. 10 German bombers in the air, but many people singing it wouldn't celebrate deaths of Germans. 

Think it's pretty damn different. For one 10 German bombers is a celebration of defending the nation from a hostile invasive power that were literally nazis. It's pretty nationalistic, but I wouldn't describe it as racist. 

For another it doesn't say that because you are a different skin tone you can't be European. 

4 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

Think it's pretty damn different. For one 10 German bombers is a celebration of defending the nation from a hostile invasive power that were literally nazis. It's pretty nationalistic, but I wouldn't describe it as racist. 

For another it doesn't say that because you are a different skin tone you can't be European. 

I didn't equate the two - I described a situation where a stupid song with connotations of 'we have killed someone, let's celebrate' is sang by a wider public without a 2nd thought. 

People are generally good and care for each other. Once you get into groups a stupid dynamic of diluted responsibility takes place.

I would like to think Enzo would not sing that in the Chelsea changing room on his own. But he (and others) would gladly do so in the right circumstances. 

15 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

I don't think that's what the song said, did it?

17 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

If there’s a Nazi at the table and 10 other people sitting there talking to him, you got a table with 11 Nazis

If you don't shut it down immediately you sre part of the problem. Emi is one of the team leaders and if Messi isn't on the bus he should get them to stop.

No, you'd have a Nazi and 10 people talking to them. Political views aren't like a contagious disease that you catch via proximity. 

• Like 2

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â