Racism in Football

Zatman

7 hours ago, 479Villan said:

He's at least clapping along in that clip.

Also, what is it with the Argentinians and Mbappe? He's a continent away, champs, and yet apparently owns acres of space in your heads.

Apologies and training on how to NOT be a transphobe racist should be on deck in the Argentinian federation.

Apparently in 2018 French were singing offensive songs after knocking Argentina out 

Then in 2022 Mbappe said South American teams werent good enough to win the World Cup and that pissed off not just Argentina, Uruguay and Brazil were pissed as well. Plus after that final was some political spat after the final about Emi actions

Can't endorse any form of racism. Not sure if emi was involved but if he was then i wouldnt want him at our club. Imagine what kamara would be thinking of this

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Can't endorse any form of racism. Not sure if emi was involved but if he was then i wouldnt want him at our club. Imagine what kamara would be thinking of this

After playing together for 2 years you'd hope they are close enough to have a conversation about it and that would be the end of it.

Let's just see if Emi was definitely involved first. 

14 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

We live in a world in which the top clubs will gladly harbour rapists if they're decent footballers, took a huge amount of backlash to get Greenwood out of Man United, and he wasn't their only known rapist.

The club isn't moving on one of its biggest assets for an offensive song 

5 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

We live in a world in which the top clubs will gladly harbour rapists if they're decent footballers, took a huge amount of backlash to get Greenwood out of Man United, and he wasn't their only known rapist.

Fine… but should it? We (mostly) all called for Greenwood’s career to be ended 🤷‍♂️

24 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

After playing together for 2 years you'd hope they are close enough to have a conversation about it and that would be the end of it.

Let's just see if Emi was definitely involved first. 

The problem is if involved (no evidence so far stating he was) its not that easy when racism is involved. Already some french players at chelsea have stopped following enzo because of this. It can call cause issues in dressing room.

12 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I would like to think  our club isnt one of those.  Its not just offensive though is it? Racism and from translation sounds abit transphobic too

Edited by Demitri_C
  • Like 1

Blokes on bus, singing a stupid, inappropriate song about 'insert a stereotype here'. 

This has happened for years and will continue to happen for years. It's nothing new. 

The only difference is Fernandes decided to film it and post it and they are famous, International football players.

Doesn't excuse this unfortunate incident and racism of any kind is insufferable but anyone who thinks this sort of thing don't go on behind closed doors and off camera need to dislodge their heads out the sand. 

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Dunno, I was sidestepping that one :D 

It's not on the same scale as what Greenwood definitely did, but the chant is pretty **** horrendous, and I wouldn't want to be in the room when Martinez and Kamara next see each other.

I'm hoping he wasn't involved, but it would be uncharacteristic for the bantersaurus rex not to jump in with both feet.

Both Kamara and Diaby are French with African descent. Martinez has been in England for over 10 years - he’s no fool, and surely can’t be blind to racism/think it’s OK?

Horrible situation IMO. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, UpTheVilla26 said:

Blokes on bus, singing a stupid, inappropriate song about 'insert a stereotype here'. 

This has happened for years and will continue to happen for years. It's nothing new. 

The only difference is Fernandes decided to film it and post it and they are famous, International football players.

Doesn't excuse this unfortunate incident and racism of any kind is insufferable but anyone who thinks this sort of thing don't go on behind closed doors and off camera need to dislodge their heads out the sand. 

It's true unfortunately. The fact the idiot felt he could post it must mean they didn't consider it racist so definitely a cultural issue there.  Either that or he's just a dumb word removed.

There will be some form of punishment I'm sure. I just hope Emi wasn't involved although doesn't look good from the clips.

• Like 2

Without really reading through or having a full understanding of what's going on, or has gone on (I guess only the Argentinian team know who was on the the bus and who sang)  my take on matters like this are; if you don't call it out or remove yourself, then you're complicit. 

• Like 4

The song is racist, the singing of it is racist,

yet, I don’t think the intention was to be racist. It’s hard to think everyone singing this song is deliberately racist, more so when most of the Argentinian squad play their football at clubs with players of mix cultures and identities. Such as black French players. 

I think it’s a massive case stupidity all round. 

A verbal beat down by their club team mates, a public apology, with no excuses and a promise not to do that shit again. That should service 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

The song is racist, the singing of it is racist,

yet, I don’t think the intention was to be racist. It’s hard to think everyone singing this song is deliberately racist, more so when most of the Argentinian squad play their football at clubs with players of mix cultures and identities. Such as black French players. 

I think it’s a massive case stupidity all round. 

A verbal beat down by their club team mates, a public apology, with no excuses and a promise not to do that shit again. That should service 

It's not like it's some traditional song from the 1950's with some outdated, questionable lyrics that they always sing after a tournament win.

This is some song sang by some knuckle dragging fans 2 years ago, and these guys thought it was cool, learned the lyrics and sang it at some unrelated tournament. There's no excuse really.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Keyblade said:

It's not like it's some traditional song from the 1950's with some outdated, questionable lyrics that they always sing after a tournament win.

This is some song sang by some knuckle dragging fans 2 years ago, and these guys thought it was cool, learned the lyrics and sang it at some unrelated tournament. There's no excuse really.

True. 

but, do you actually believe these players are intentionally/ sincerely racist? 

3 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

True. 

I don't know these people personally, I can only judge their actions. I'm struggling to think why else one would gleefully sing such a song? 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, CarryOnVilla said:

True. 

but, do you actually believe these players are intentionally/ sincerely racist

But does that really matter if the end result is the same? (I don't know the answer to this question)

From what I've been reading, Argentina is certainly not as progressive culturally but so many of these players play abroad and have teammates who are ethnically mixed or have immigrant parents. 

At the very least, it's highly ignorant and stupid of them. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

True. 

A couple of them probably are. Law of averages you probably get a couple racists, transfobes and even vegans. 

• Like 2

Doesn’t matter about intention, if you normalise singing a racist song as “fun and banter” that’s a structural problem. It’s a huge problem. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, lexicon said:

But does that really matter if the end result is the same? (I don't know the answer to this question)

From what I've been reading, Argentina is certainly not as progressive culturally but so many of these players play abroad and have teammates who are ethnically mixed or have immigrant parents. 

At the very least, it's highly ignorant and stupid of them. 

I would say it matters to the people to the people it affects. It being intentional or it being stupid, makes a difference on to how it’s dealt with. A big intervention or the air dryer treatment. 

For the reasons you stated I believe it was just stupid… and I hope their club team mates educate them on not being racially ignorant again. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Doesn’t matter about intention, if you normalise singing a racist song as “fun and banter” that’s a structural problem. It’s a huge problem. 

I wonder how many people are managing to rationalise both "we just need to understand that South American cultural norms are different to our own" today and also  "Luis Suarez is a terrible wrong 'un, there's no excuse for it, Liverpool are a disgrace for supporting him" twelve years ago. 

• Like 2

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â