Racism in Football

Zatman

1 minute ago, WallisFrizz said:

I know we love him but people are trying to believe a list over actual video footage.

a blurry image of a guy that could be Franco Armani who has similar enough haircut. Seems some are jumping to the opinion that its definitely him

maybe can wait until clearer evidence comes out

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Zatman said:

a blurry image of a guy that could be Franco Armani who has similar enough haircut. Seems some are jumping to the opinion that its definitely him

maybe can wait until clearer evidence comes out

I have no idea what they are saying or if Emi was on the bus at all. but here’s a quote I read about the incident . Not trying to justify anything here by any means but were all in the dark about what actually happened. 

“they were just stating what countries Mbappe’s parents come from and how it says “France” on his specific passport 

Eluding to how France as a repressive colonial power still steals the wealth from Africa 

It’s actually brining awareness to France’s shameful history “

Edited by gwi1890

14 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

I have no idea what they are saying or if Emi was on the bus at all. but here’s a quote I read about the incident . Not trying to justify anything here by any means but were all in the dark about what actually happened. 

“they were just stating what countries Mbappe’s parents come from and how it says “France” on his specific passport 

Eluding to how France as a repressive colonial power still steals the wealth from Africa 

That's BS. They used an extremely derogatory term in Spanish to describe people of a mixed heritage background. It was racist, pure and simple. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, lexicon said:

That's BS. They used an extremely derogatory term in Spanish to describe people of a mixed heritage background. It was racist, pure and simple. 

don't forget the transphobia too

emi definitely there, can't work out if he was singing or not, not clear enough for me

1 minute ago, lexicon said:

Thanks for clarifying very disappointing indeed.

• Thanks 1

Be interesting to hear what excuses some fans make for him IF  he’s involved considering he’s a fan favourite …  And depending on confirmation he was there and singing along then hope the club fine the maximum for bringing the club name into disrepute … felt a bit sorry for him missing the Olympics but **** him now. 

Edited by thabucks
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

Thanks for clarifying very disappointing indeed.

No worries and yes, it is. I really hope Emi speaks on this and either distances himself from it or apologises because it's totally unacceptable.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

Appreciate you’re just sharing what’s been said, are not putting any weight behind it and are just quoting, but whoever made that statement is chatting shit. It’s racist (and, it seems, transphobic) pure and simple and there’s no excusing it. 

I’ll be disappointed if Emi was part of it but let’s face it he isn’t going to miss a chance for shithousing and “banter”. He’d better plan his next move carefully. 

1 hour ago, MotoMkali said:

Very very disappointing 

It’s only disappointing if he was singing in the racist song. You can’t tar everyone with the same brush just be I they were on the bus. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Awol said:

South Americans being racist? Shirley knot?! You know where else people are really racist? East Asia, racist; Europe (especially Eastern Europe), massively racist; Africa, super-******* racist! Outside of a very small number of western democracies, racism and homophobia are global norms - unfortunately. 

Obviously it’s not good if Emi had been involved in racist singing/chanting, and the club should definitely pull him in to talk about it, but I do wonder from some of the reactions what people in our tiny enclave of very liberal countries actually think the rest of the world is like?! 

Trans rights? In half of Africa and all of the Middle East (except for Israel, ironically) it’s illegal just to be gay! 

Oh no issue then. Glad you cleared that up. 

• Thanks 2

Just now, Rolta said:

Oh no issue then. Glad you cleared that up. 

Thanks for deliberately ignoring the part where I said the club should pull Emi in and speak to him about it if he was involved. 👍

33 minutes ago, duke313 said:

It’s only disappointing if he was singing in the racist song. You can’t tar everyone with the same brush just be I they were on the bus. 

If he was on the bus he'd have likely been singing, part of the group and all that. They're always singing that song about the Falklands.

There's a different culture with South Americans, you saw Bentancur being racist against Son and now you have Fofana calling out his own teammate so going to be a bit awkward if Emi is involved and Kamara, Digne and Diaby all want an explanation when he returns for pre season.

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â