Dean Smith

Demitri_C

I saw it coming but really didn't want it to happen quite yet because of what Dean has done for this club. Its like Grealish in that no one is bigger than the club. So, just appreciate for what have you done for the club Dean and we move on. Hopefully, they have a good candidate in mind who can get us out of this funk.

UTV

Edited by Big Salad

Smith will come into serious contention for a number of Premier League jobs if they become available, he might even end up at Norwich. There will also be a number of Championship clubs very interested.

• Like 2

Really sad to see him go.  I think mainly he has been unlucky with the players he brought in to the club, especially this season with injuries, though in some other cases in the cold light of retrospect perhaps the selection of signings has been a little suspect. Think Wesley, Engels, Nakamba, Sanson (jury still out), even Traore.

But no manager gets it right every time. I think he deserved a little more time but the situation was (is) definitely looking dangerous.

Sad but inevitable. Achieved a number of significant short-term targets during his time with us, but ultimately was failing to achieve the longer-term goals of the club and probably was never going to get there.

Probably one of the more amiable bosses we've had in my time supporting Villa. Never relished the thought of this happening but it became painfully evident that it had to.

Thanks for everything Dean. All the best. UTV

11 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

First time he's been sacked.

Let's see what he does post Villa.

Managers who leaves Villa tend to turn to shit.

McLeish, Sherwood, Garde, Di Matteo, O Neill. None of them done anything significant after Villa.

There's a good argument for most of those being shit before they ever darkened our doorstep

• Like 4

Don’t know what to say to be honest. Understandable but absolutely gutted. Just 5 weeks ago everything was looking very positive. Things have just nose dived - lots has happened behind the scenes since Jack left. Classic Villa - just when you start to dream it all goes to shit. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mykeyb said:

For me he is in a small group of managers, Saunders, Atkinson, Little, Gregory and Smith, all of whom I was gutted when they left. In most instances it was the right decision.

Thank you Dean, top man.

Sadly the first 3 of those are out of living memory for me, but what a list of managers, compared to the list of absolute words removed that managed us over the last 10-20 years

1 hour ago, foreveryoung said:

Gotta say when he was a player I used to be a hater. But since he coached with us, just love his attitude, everyone gets on with him, even though I can imagine he takes no shite, an you can't dispute his achievements, even the likes of Ming's would have to look up to. Wouldn't be a disappointing appointment for me.

He'd be a bag of shit. I don't want anyone associated with Dean taking the job. Be like stabbing him in the back for a biscuit. No thanks.  

The last few weeks the team played like he lost them. Arsenal in particular, they went onto the pitch with massive chips on their shoulders from the start.

Maybe trouble behind the scenes because they do look like they’re under performing.

Just what we needed at the time, thank you Dean.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â