Dean Smith

Demitri_C

28 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Without starting to jump to conclusions, it's not shining a good light on Mr Purslow either.

You ask any Liverpool fan about him. The air soon turns blue.

Makes me also wonder if it reaches a stage where the next appointment of a new coach is required, could they have a previous connection to him in any way? (John Terry - who suddenly just left in the summer, Frank Lampard or Steven Gerrard.)

I have this niggling suspicion that something like this may materialise if it comes to hiring a new coach anytime soon.

I for one would be angry if Deano lost his job, just to be replaced by Terry, Lampard, or Stevie Fookin' G.  That's not sound business, it's panicking at best...  

Who were the previous names we were linked to after Bruce, besides Henry?  Wasn't there apparently communication from Purslow with one of Mourinho's old assistants and a Spanish manager that Suso recommended?

Edited by KMitch
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Cliffy Biro said:

He'll be the first manager for a long time i wouldnt be happy to be sacked. Obviously if the run continues he will be but even if he deserves it in the end i think i'll still be sad considering where we were and his love for Villa. Can be a cruel game sometimes.

I've already mentioned he will no doubt be upset being a Villa fan, but I'm sure the 3 million pay off will dry his tears. His salary was 20x what he used to earn at Brentford too. So for this reason, I an can never be too sympathetic whoever it is.

3 hours ago, Robtaylor200 said:

I expect us to win the next two games against the lower placed teams.

Then all will be rosey in the garden again for a a couple of weeks,

Shortly after I expect losses against Leicester and Man city. This tread will become heated again and another month will have passed, then its Christmas and suddenly we are into 2022. IMO If change is coming it will be January. 

Our next 2 games are against Saints and Brighton, they are both higher placed teams. Only Watford, Leeds, Burnley, Newcastle and Norwich are lower placed than us

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

I've already mentioned he will no doubt be upset being a Villa fan, but I'm sure the 3 million pay off will dry his tears. His salary was 20x what he used to earn at Brentford too. So for this reason, I an can never be too sympathetic whoever it is.

Well yea in those terms its hard to feel sorry for anyone in elite football then but theres more to it than purely money, especially in this case.

1 hour ago, Tommo_b said:

I expect us to beat Southampton but not Brighton.

A poor performance against Southampton and I don't think he's gonna it turn around. May prove loss of dressing room, which I don't believe is on Smith, but defo on Shaky and Dank.

Edited by foreveryoung
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

Our next 2 games are against Saints and Brighton, they are both higher placed teams. Only Watford, Leeds, Burnley, Newcastle and Norwich are lower placed than us

I don't think some people realise what's going on mate ,🤦🏿

• Like 1

Take the claret and blue glasses glasses off and if Smith wasn’t a Villa man he wouldn’t be afforded so much leeway IMO when looking at the stats over the past 38 games … I gave up any emotional tie to who our manager is years ago after Bruce being the final straw. - managers and players are transient so don’t get attached. Yes he was a breath of fresh air and has performed well but also I’d say in line with reasonable expectations. But he was always going to be the catalyst and lay the groundwork for others to continue - that’s the nature of football and I thank Smith for restoring pride for sure in being a Villa fan - but don’t believe his achievements should be lauded like no other manager could not have achieved similar like some do when referring to Smith as some sort of Demi god 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Take the claret and blue glasses glasses off and if Smith wasn’t a Villa man he wouldn’t be afforded so much leeway IMO when looking at the stats over the past 38 games … I gave up any emotional tie to who our manager is years ago after Bruce being the final straw. - managers and players are transient so don’t get attached. Yes he was a breath of fresh air and has performed well but also I’d say in line with reasonable expectations. But he was always going to be the catalyst and lay the groundwork for others to continue - that’s the nature of football and I thank Smith for restoring pride for sure in being a Villa fan - but don’t believe his achievements should be lauded like no other manager could not have achieved similar like some do when referring to Smith as some sort of Demi god 

I can only speak for myself, but I can honestly state that which football club Dean Smith supports has literally never been a factor in whether I think he deserves more time. Sometimes I actually forget he’s a Villa supporter.

When I come in here, I see FAR more people who aren’t pleased with him bringing up his chosen team in the above manner (or posting a picture of him outside an Albion pub, questioning that support and not getting the desired backslapping they thought it would provoke), than those who are willing to give him time, in part because supports Villa.

He gets leeway because he got us promoted at the first attempt, then kept us up, then secured the highest points total in years.

When I finally decide I think he should be moved on (and it’s quite possible that will be in the next month or so), him or his dad being Villa supporters will have zero bearing on forming that opinion.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Cliffy Biro said:

He'll be the first manager for a long time i wouldnt be happy to be sacked. Obviously if the run continues he will be but even if he deserves it in the end i think i'll still be sad considering where we were and his love for Villa. Can be a cruel game sometimes.

Will defo be a sad day but Deano's no dummy and 100% took the job in the first place with his eyes wide open to the fact that one day he may well be sacked and I'm positive he'll be emotionally ready for it when that day comes, he'll be alright. Gutted, but alright.

14 minutes ago, useless said:

when has Smith ever proven himself in Grealish's absence,

Spurs and probably Newcastle are getting the top managers, our owners won't want to get left behind, the billionaire duo will want to show they can bring in a top manager too'.

Bingo!!!

hit-the-nail-on-the-head-gif.gif

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mykeyb said:

Dean is a good coach but not a great manager and that is the problem.

Even a good manager wouldn't have watched the first 45 minutes against Arsenal and done nothing about it.

Good coach?

He's been largely clueless without Grealish.

I would expect a good coach to not be so overly reliant on individual brilliance.

Terry and ROK were good coaches. The fact Smith relies on his coaches so much is now showing. We have/had a defensive coach, set piece coach, assistant coach, assistant to the assistant, coach goalkeeper coach. I mean what did Smith actually coach???

Edited by foreveryoung

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â