Dean Smith

Demitri_C

17 hours ago, IrishVilla10 said:

Another worrying thing is after every game smith seems to mention the quality of the squad and isn’t worried etc but we’re not seeing any improvement. He’s actually said our recent run hasn’t been a disaster and that’s frightening. 

That tends to happen, when they are under pressure, its called denial.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

It’s all pointing to change. 

I don't know what the alternative is, other than waiting for storm clouds to pass, but I am not sure that will happen either....you don't go this bad, without underlying issues.

I do, however, share the view change for change sake, is equally bad.....so unless, they have a sure, as sure can be, candidate, I would say, stay with what you have and fight through it, if thats possible.

Unless we can attract a manager, who finds a way to make us hard to beat and still retaining a progressive style......I wouldn't bother changing...Dean has clearly bought stability to the club, but still leaves me wanting, when it comes to defensive content ( from all our players)....being too easy to play against, is my single worst criticism of Deans style of football.

The heirarchy, will know far more than we, in order to make the right decision. 

Edited by TRO
  • Like 3

19 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Lifted from Mischa on Facebook, I'll try to find the article and link, if it hasn't been posted somewhere here already.

Face like thunder, like when he was laughing with known comedian Keinan Davis on the bench.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

True, you can miss a few days of posting, come back, and realise that it's the same circular argument, with the exact same people arguing points, and counterpoints. The exact same things, just maybe worded slightly different the angrier each gets. Lol

I guess as news is reported, opinions alter and views change.

my excuse is, I'm retired, with time on my hands.😀....and  wife, who wants to find me jobs to do.🙄

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, AvonVillain said:

Remember when we our second string outplayed Chelsea at Stamford Bridge only to go out through peno's? Everything seemed to be progressing smoothly from the youth upwards. Things have changed fast, and can equally change again. We desperately need some luck, a barnstorming performance, and a bit of youthful magic sprinkled in.

We’ll struggle to see this when Ashley Youngs being subbed into midfield 

• Like 2

I actually feel very shitty for having little faith that the situation is reversible for Smith in the long run. I just think this is what you get with Smith. Moments of excellence mixed with periods of ineptness. Whatever the reasons for our current situation and long term poor form, I don't think the remedy is already inhouse. I think fresh impetuous is needed and a shake up of the staff. Sometimes it isn't needed as a period of stabilisation is what is required but I think we are getting past that stage now. We cannot afford not to kick on with the playing staff we have on the books. 

I think Dean has done an incredible job during this period, regardless of the JG argument. He was the one that brought the club together again, not JG, not NSWE or Purslow.....Smith did that. He surrounded himself with those that had the same ambition, empowered others that cared about the club and got everyone onside including the supporters. No mean feat considering where we were at, and the task ahead. He's a legend in fairness and whatever happens I will regard him as one even if not fully recognised by everyone. I just think the time is soon upon us to ensure his legacy isn't tarnished and to ensure we don't slip backwards again.

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

I actually feel very shitty for having little faith that the situation is reversible for Smith in the long run. I just think this is what you get with Smith. Moments of excellence mixed with periods of ineptness. Whatever the reasons for our current situation and long term poor form, I don't think the remedy is already inhouse. I think fresh impetuous is needed and a shake up of the staff. Sometimes it isn't needed as a period of stabilisation is what is required but I think we are getting past that stage now. We cannot afford not to kick on with the playing staff we have on the books. 

I think Dean has done an incredible job during this period, regardless of the JG argument. He was the one that brought the club together again, not JG, not NSWE or Purslow.....Smith did that. He surrounded himself with those that had the same ambition, empowered others that cared about the club and got everyone onside including the supporters. No mean feat considering where we were at, and the task ahead. He's a legend in fairness and whatever happens I will regard him as one even if not fully recognised by everyone. I just think the time is soon upon us to ensure his legacy isn't tarnished and to ensure we don't slip backwards again.

I think this will happen if it drags on. The last thing anybody wants to see is it getting toxic. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KentVillan said:

This guy claims to be a scout working in English football, and if you read all his Tweets, seems fairly well informed.

Really hope "bigger name" doesn't mean someone who was a big name player but has proved little in management.

3 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

This guy claims to be a scout working in English football, and if you read all his Tweets, seems fairly well informed.

From what I hear, Purslow runs the club with Lange as the chief scout (with a different title). Which is not the way it should be

I'm confused as to " Which is not the way it should be ".

Isn't Purslow the CEO?

Hence SHOULD run the club?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

This would concern me if true tbh. Especially if the removal of a certain RK was a decision made upstairs and not with Dean himself. 

4 minutes ago, sne said:

Really hope "bigger name" doesn't mean someone who was a big name player but has proved little in management.

As i've said, I'm not in it for any random " Mercenary " with a big name, just because, if there was to be a change.

I'd prefer someone who is here for the long haul and can organically grow with the club and have a genuine affinity for it.

3 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Isn't Purslow the CEO?

Depends whether running the club entails first team affairs instead of leaving it to those qualified.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

This would concern me if true tbh. Especially if the removal of a certain RK was a decision made upstairs and not with Dean himself. 

If that is the case mate, it would indicate they possibly lost faith before even some fans did, and have slowly been pulling the rug.

Remember some questioning, if this was also the reason for a lack of further investment? For say, at least a CM?

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Isn't Purslow the CEO?

Purslow shouldn’t be involved in footballing matters really, except on the bigger picture financial stuff, negotiating contracts, etc. Lange should be leading on who we actually target, where we need prioritise.

Truth will come out at some point, but some of our recent transfer dealings feel like they’ve happened without much input from coaching staff.

• Like 2

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â