Dean Smith

Demitri_C

I don't think it really matters who brings in the players when it comes to questioning the job that Smith is doing, his job is to coach them doesn't matter if he brought them to the club or not. It's the same at pretty much every club. Smith can only be judged on results.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

In the Premier League now I can only see 2 managers winning the league title in the near future. I think we need to lower the bar a little ;)  

Eventually. Its an adverb and I used it at as a clause to qualify my statement. Meaning in any length of time. 

1 minute ago, thabucks said:

I will say this once more do people really think the recruitment is solely down to Suso and poor old Smith has been lumbered with some potentially very good players he had no say over ? Purslow has explained the set up, Smith will tell the board what he needs and what type of player he wants and has power to veto any suggestions. He even bloody went to scout Trez at AFCON ffs . they are being poorly used by an inept coach simples ...

No but Suso and team does most the scouting, analysis and guidance.  Smith doesnt see players as often as old school managers and relies heavily on our recruitment team.  Yes it's his fault as well but for me a lot of the burden is with Suso on recruitment.

Just now, Villan_of_oz said:

Ah that is a statement that I can agree with, I'm not saying that it's not hasty to call for his head. Surely though you have to understand people's emotions. I myself would rather stick with Smith than make a rushed change just for the sake of it.

I do feel he is letting himself and us down though.

I really don't.

The target is 17th. We are on the same points as 17th. 

Anyone who expected us to be well clear by this point were kidding themselves. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, nick76 said:

because what else would he say "cant believe we've signed him, dont even know who he is"  it's not lying it's that he probably seen him but relied heavily on the recruitment team's opinion and analysis

You guys are unbeliavble if you think smith had zero say in the players signed. 

3 minutes ago, nick76 said:

but we also scored from his subs....maybe if they came on a different time it may not have been successful.

Or maybe we would not have conceeded and won the game?

2 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

They are. As I said above, get a grip was wrong. 

But we've gained a point on west ham and showed some fight getting something from the game in the end. To then hear the same cries for him to be sacked is just daft to me. 

No. I don't think any manager we hire will ever win the league with us. Why?

In that case let's stick with this mediocrity. 

Just now, DCJonah said:

I really don't.

The target is 17th. We are on the same points as 17th. 

Anyone who expected us to be well clear by this point were kidding themselves. 

Not so much in league position as in the way we play..... 

Just now, useless said:

I don't think it really matters who brings in the players when it comes to questioning the job that Smith is doing, his job is to coach them doesn't matter if he brought them to the club or not. It's the same at pretty much every club. Smith can only be judged on results.

True, but the squad he has is a huge part. 

When the window shut we had wesley, kodjia and Davis as our striking options. He hasn't coached players to be better but my god, he's been given a shit show to coach.

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

You guys are unbeliavble if you think smith had zero say in the players signed. 

maybe. Its almost like football is a sport that can't be predicted. 

20 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

This thread. 

We are currently on the same points as the team in 17th. And cries of sack him continue. 

**** me, I thought a few years in the championship might have changed us. 

Such a shame. Get a grip

He was forced into playing 2 up top after they scored and surprise surprise we looked a real threat. Will he have learnt anything from that game?

The second half was shocki g and we should have looked at taking the game to them but he waited and waited and then they made the changes and scored.

3 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:
6 minutes ago, nick76 said:

but we also scored from his subs....maybe if they came on a different time it may not have been successful.

True but they may have still scored and we didnt score our goal and lost the game.  What we do know is he made the subs and those two subs combined to score our goal, that was good substitution based on that.....hard to argue that fact!

4 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

Not so much in league position as in the way we play..... 

Exactly it’s not hard to grasp.

The same mistakes repeated time and again yet criticism isn’t valid because we are 19th and within GD of 17th. Eh?

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â