Dean Smith

Demitri_C

Just now, Demitri_C said:

That old chestnut to protect the manager

old chestnut as in the truth. 

We dont have a highly paid Director of Football and a scouting network so Smith can take time off to go look at players. Its not the 1990s

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

3 wins from the last 19 league games.

Would be surprised if we won more than one game in the run in.

I really don't see how he could keep his job for next season if we go down with a whimper. Would be different if we won 3 or 4 but Bournemouth and West Ham also did.

Yeah but whilst we are actually 19th we are almost 17th.

SMITH IN

Just now, DCJonah said:

Do what you want. 

I just think its a shame, that as a fanbase, we couldn't change our mindset for one year. 

Keyboard warriors on a message board isn't the same as the ground though. Been little dissent against DS at Villa Park this season, was probably more during the bad run last year before things picked up.

I fear it will turn early next season if he's still in a job, we have a bad start and decent sized crowd is let back in. All that six months pent up frustration is going to be unleashed on someone.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

Do what you want. 

I just think its a shame, that as a fanbase, we couldn't change our mindset for one year. 

Yes your point has been made abundantly clear multiple times. If it helps you calm down, we all know how you feel...

Just now, Zatman said:

old chestnut as in the truth. 

We dont have a highly paid Director of Football and a scouting network so Smith can take time off to go look at players. Its not the 1990s

Your wrong.

Go have a look at when we signed trez and engels. He said he went and saw trez and liked him. Then he said he tried to sign engels years ago. He also worked with konsa and said he knew about him having worked with him.

So that old chestnut

• Like 1

Huge missed opportunity against a very sub-par Newcastle. 

For the umpteenth week we are still in it thanks to the results of other teams.

Smith out.

Do what you want. 

What makes you say that? Just because some don’t agree with your views ? We think differently on Smith but I appreciate your position and passion in defending him. 

Just now, Villan_of_oz said:

Yes your point has been made abundantly clear multiple times. If it helps you calm down, we all know how you feel...

Perfectly calm. Good point and still in the fight. No probs with me. I'm just fed up with a section of our fans. 

• Like 1

Just now, Farlz said:

I just don't know what to think now. I don't know how to back him when things are just seemingly getting worse. 

Seemingly getting worse yet we're closer to survival than we were a couple of hours ago? 

• Like 1

Just now, thabucks said:

What makes you say that? Just because some don’t agree with your views ? We think differently on Smith but I appreciate your position and passion in defending him. 

I just think its a shame that some can't accept what we are and get behind it for the season. 

Most newly promoted clubs don't turn on their manager before the season ends. Its just classic us. 

• Like 2

Just now, Demitri_C said:

Your wrong.

Go have a look at when we signed trez and engels. He said he went and saw trez and liked him. Then he said he tried to sign engels years ago. He also worked with konsa and said he knew about him having worked with him.

So that old chestnut

Just like Tim Sherwood saying he was happy to bring in Veretout and Amavi as was a huge fan

Perfectly calm. Good point and still in the fight. No probs with me. I'm just fed up with a section of our fans. 

Wow your on internet forum and can't handle opinions different to yours, madness!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Farlz said:

I just don't know what to think now. I don't know how to back him when things are just seemingly getting worse. 

We're closer to safety than we were before kick off. 

We came from behind to get a point. 

How is that getting worse?

• Haha 1

Just now, DCJonah said:

I just think its a shame that some can't accept what we are and get behind it for the season. 

Most newly promoted clubs don't turn on their manager before the season ends. Its just classic us. 

17th was the target before the start of the season and we are level with that position. Especially when had the shortest summer transfer window of any promoted team ever 

Just now, Villan_of_oz said:

Wow your on internet forum and can't handle opinions different to yours, madness!

Haha in which way can't I handle it? 

What a strange response. Shouldn't be surprised I guess. 

I think its a shame and I'm fed up of the negativity towards smith on here, that's about it. 

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â