Dean Smith

Demitri_C

5 minutes ago, useless said:

A win tomorrow will lift Leicester out of relegation zone and make them favorites going into last day, even if they lose tomorrow will still have a chance on last day, just need to beat West Ham and hope that Everton and Leeds lose. For some reason I've got a feeling he's going to do it.

If they win both games they will stay up and that's the only way they will stay up. No way everton will loose st home to Bournemouth 

1 hour ago, useless said:

A win tomorrow will lift Leicester out of relegation zone and make them favorites going into last day, even if they lose tomorrow will still have a chance on last day, just need to beat West Ham and hope that Everton and Leeds lose. For some reason I've got a feeling he's going to do it.

I can't see Leicester's defence keeping Newcastle out.  Dean should have taken one look at them and the keepers and thought 'no **** way am I taking that job'.  It'll be down to the last day miracle as you say.

I still think there will be a final twist in the relegation saga and as much as I dislike Leicester I hope for Dean’s reputation it’s Leeds and Everton that go down.

I understand why Deano took over at Leicester, but I maintain it was a bad choice.

The next two games are undoubtedly the most important of his career, including the playoff win for us. If he goes down I can't see him anywhere near the Prem again for a while, if ever. 

Good luck, gaffer.

• Like 1

Getting absolute pelters on social media for his defensive set up at St James's Park yesterday. I respect him for trying to make a big decision, but he's probably lost the respect of Maddison and Barnes ahead of a must win game against Spam. Whatever happens in the summer, the Leicester board will get torn to shreds if they appoint him permanently.

Found his comments after the game ('I have never lost here in my career') a bit un-Dean-like, to be honest: he's definitely trying to big up himself.

image.thumb.png.1d41f9116318958f916ea1465fd02f50.png

31 minutes ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

Getting absolute pelters on social media for his defensive set up at St James's Park yesterday. I respect him for trying to make a big decision, but he's probably lost the respect of Maddison and Barnes ahead of a must win game against Spam. Whatever happens in the summer, the Leicester board will get torn to shreds if they appoint him permanently.

Found his comments after the game ('I have never lost here in my career') a bit un-Dean-like, to be honest: he's definitely trying to big up himself.

image.thumb.png.1d41f9116318958f916ea1465fd02f50.png

Maddison played 45 mins and you barely even knew he was on the pitch...

• Like 3

Good chance of staying up on the last day against West Ham again. For whatever everyone was saying, it was a decent point for Leicester. Everton have to win now to secure it. Leicester play a West Ham team who are going to be resting players ahead of the ECL final.

18 minutes ago, Lichfield Dean said:

I think he did the right thing. A win was ideal yes, but a loss would have been certain relegation. No way could he risk losing. A draw keeps them in the fight. He got it right imo.

He got it so right.

Beat West Ham and I think they stay up.

• Haha 2

Tbf to him, West Ham are the team you want to be playing in this situation - safe, with their attention elsewhere, and with a manager who will probably want to avoid a loss to keep the feel good factor going for their europa conference league final. All of this points to Hammers keeping it tight and not going gung ho, both to avoid a loss and injuris/conserve energy for their much more important game. Plus, the game is at the king power, the home fans should really be willing them on. I wouldnt be surprised to see them get the 3 points here and Everton going down. There will be plenty of twists but i will be at villa park supporting the boys on so will miss them!

9 minutes ago, Villatillidie95 said:

Tbf to him, West Ham are the team you want to be playing in this situation - safe, with their attention elsewhere, and with a manager who will probably want to avoid a loss to keep the feel good factor going for their europa conference league final. All of this points to Hammers keeping it tight and not going gung ho, both to avoid a loss and injuris/conserve energy for their much more important game. Plus, the game is at the king power, the home fans should really be willing them on. I wouldnt be surprised to see them get the 3 points here and Everton going down. There will be plenty of twists but i will be at villa park supporting the boys on so will miss them!

He has secured survival against west ham on the final day before.  it's written in the stars. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Villatillidie95 said:

Tbf to him, West Ham are the team you want to be playing in this situation

Maybe, but then again Leeds said all that stuff to themselves before the game at the weekend too. 

• Like 1

Interesting to see how he plays it.  I think he should go with a more solid starting XI, not quite as negative as against Newcastle but if they have a clean sheet after an hour I think the crowd will get them over the line as West Ham won't really be that arsed by then.  The danger is calamitous defending putting them 2-0 inside 20 minutes, they aren't recovering from that.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â