Dean Smith

Demitri_C

23 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

I'd take Barnes all day long. 

he always seems to do well for us but never when i see him vs other teams. i think we'll be shopping in a different market anyway...he'll end up somewhere like brighton

If Leicester do go down and decide to keep Smith I think they need to do the opposite of what we did. They should commit to giving him a year and half, 3 transfer windows,  to make the team 'his' as he's clearly not a manager that can just go into a dressing room and motivate their way out of a malaise.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Naaaaarch said:

If Leicester do go down and decide to keep Smith I think they need to do the opposite of what we did. They should commit to giving him a year and half, 3 transfer windows,  to make the team 'his' as he's clearly not a manager that can just go into a dressing room and motivate their way out of a malaise.

In a way I agree, but he did that for us ironically. It was almost an instant turnaround.

12 hours ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Yeah because they have improved under Wagner haven't they.

Norwich are a lost cause and have recruited awfully.

Smith made a massive error going there 

I didn't say they'd improved, but he in no way guarantees promotion. Leicester will lose Maddison, Barnes and Tielemens when they go down, and they'll be stuffed.

12 minutes ago, Risso said:

Leicester will lose Maddison, Barnes and Tielemens when they go down, and they'll be stuffed.

Of course, but it's just about how they replace them. They will go into the Championship with substantial financial advantages over every other club and the aura that they are a 'big' club. Of course that doesn't guarantee promotion - as we can attest - but it doesn't hurt either. They could do an us, or they could do a Newcastle. 

At any rate, I'm not sure Smith will be with them in that case - wasn't he only an interim appointment? Not sure whether he's done enough to show the board he should get the job permanently. 

• Like 3

He'd be as good an appointmnt as they could hope for, but would think if he takes them down, they won't make his stay permanent. It's a slog down there, as shown by the fact that only one of last year's relegated clubs (Burnley as champions) finished top 6.

18 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

Needs to end his working relationship with Craig Shakespeare and get back with ROK.

Top man and manager but Craig is holding him back.

isnt ROK retired though?

6 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Deanos flopped since leaving us.

Needs to atop taking these silly jobs that are ruining his career.

I reckon he ends up somewhere like a club like cardiff Huddersfield 

I thought Leicester was a great opportunity for him to reestablish his managerial career. 

Leicester was an unbelievable opportunity for him no way he was going to turn that down and nor should he have done. People only saying he shouldn't have gone there now because it's looking like he might fail at keeping them up, but it was a Premier League job and with the fixtures Leicester had they looked like they had a good chance of staying up which if they had have done, would have enhanced Smith's reputation, meaning Leicester would keep him on or even if not he'd have a better chance of getting another top job than if he hadn't have joined them.

He's not a big name manager that can pick and choose which teams he joins, has to take opportunties where he can within reason, if Leicester go down I don't think it will do too much damage to his reputation other than probably won't get any more jobs at Premier League teams in a relegation battle, but he will still be in contention for top end Championship jobs, if Leicester go down it will be more of a missed opportunity for him than anything.

Leicester could probably do a lot worse than keep him next season if in the Championship, as I'm sure with a decent budget he'd get them promoted, he had a poor Norwich squad in the play-off places.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Fair to say that him trying to dampen expectations by talking about what an achievement it'd be to stay up with "this group of players" hasn't gone down brilliantly with Leicester fans.

Whether they're right or wrong, the one thing he's managed to do is unite them in the belief that he's **** useless and they look worse than they did under Rodgers.

15 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

Or even the England first team 

I think there are too many egos in the England team.  Dean did well galvinising a team of decent players.  I'm not sure how players like Kane, etc would handle being told by him to play a different way.  In some ways that might be the issue at Leicester - too many players thinking they are better than the manager and not listening to / following through on his instructions.

Edited by allani

3 minutes ago, allani said:

I think there are too many egos in the England team.  Dean did well galvinising a team of decent players.  I'm not sure how players like Kane, etc would handle being told by him to play a different way.  In some ways that might be the issue at Leicester - too many players thinking they are better than the manager and not listening to / following through on his instructions.

I think that’s the issue with England in general they need a reset away from the usual set up and selections and as for controlling egos unless the FA appoint a foreign manager they won’t find anyone suitable.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, allani said:

But he'd have Grealish, would hammer France 7-2.

• Haha 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â