Dean Smith

Demitri_C

The week he had off between Villa and Norwich is the only week he hasn't been a professional football manager since January 2011. 

I think he should pause and have a proper break for the first time in 12 years.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Tomaszk said:

The week he had off between Villa and Norwich is the only week he hasn't been a professional football manager since January 2011. 

I think he should pause and have a proper break for the first time in 12 years.

Mad that. 

Take a break, Deano! Football will go on. 

I think the reason he took the Norwich job and likely to take any job that is offered was a to keep his name about. I’d liken him to Alan Curbishley who never managed again despite doing a relatively good job, but not being a “big name” 

Some here would say he's had the last 14 months off.  Jokes aside he absolutely shouldn't jump at the first job that comes his way. 

I think what he needs to do most is rediscover what he had at Brentford when it comes to a distinct style of play. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Naaaaarch said:

I think what he needs to do most is rediscover what he had at Brentford when it comes to a distinct style of play. 

At both Brentford and Villa (apart from the end) the football was good to watch, very "teamy", brilliant spirit and always trying to win every game. The problem seemed to be runs of good results being followed by inexplicable runs of bad results. It's those bad result runs that get him the sack. He's a smart coach, but needs a RO'K or JT to take some of the burden.  Not sure Shakey is the right match.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, blandy said:

At both Brentford and Villa (apart from the end) the football was good to watch, very "teamy", brilliant spirit and always trying to win every game. The problem seemed to be runs of good results being followed by inexplicable runs of bad results. It's those bad result runs that get him the sack. He's a smart coach, but needs a RO'K or JT to take some of the burden.  Not sure Shakey is the right match.

Are you sure? I'd have said it's the runs of good results. Shows what I know

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...

Wonder what’s next for Deano two manager-less premier league clubs and none in for him. I think he’d be better off finding a league 1 team with a long term project and promote them to the championship. 

2 hours ago, gwi1890 said:

Wonder what’s next for Deano two manager-less premier league clubs and none in for him. I think he’d be better off finding a league 1 team with a long term project and promote them to the championship. 

He can definitely find a top 10 Championship calibre team. He needs to find a good chairman but teams like Stoke, Blackburn, Swansea will come calling

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

He can definitely find a top 10 Championship calibre team. He needs to find a good chairman but teams like Stoke, Blackburn, Swansea will come calling

Stoke would be ideal for him he could reunite with Axel Tuanzabe 🤣

7 hours ago, gwi1890 said:

I think the England Under 21s would be a good job for him. 

• 1 month later...

Would Crystal Palace be considering him as a caretaker?

I'd back him to go in there and get 2-3 wins which is all they need to stay up. Likes of Eze and Olise would be players who'd excel under his style.

That's the sort of club where he could do o.k I reckon if he ever got another prem job but you feel his 12 months at Norwich will go badly against him here.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â