Dean Smith

Demitri_C

Very sad day. I really thought that Dean could be our Sir Alex. It just seemed like the right fit. Kept improving our position, players improved. Really likeable guy who represented the club with dignity and grace. Perhaps didn't do himself any favors recently, but the players have let him down. He will bounce back and get a good job and don't be surprised if he is back in the Premier League sooner rather than later. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, sharkyvilla said:

So sad.  Can we keep his topic on here rather than move to Other Football?  Cheers Dean for everything, if we have someone decent lined up them fair enough, I hope we aren't just scrambling around for any old manager for weeks.

I cosign this.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, DJ_Villain said:

Of course. Jack wasn’t sacked. He skipped away hand in hand with his agent and family to Manchester a week before the season started after they had pulled off their heist…

This is all on them…

No disrespect at this time. But you shouldn't have to depend on 1 player to be a success. Yes I think he was the demise of Smith,  as well as the new coaches. But all this may prove is, he didn't have the skills to take us forward without him

Very sad day, almost feels like a break up/divorce that you didn’t really want to happen but you know it’s for the best.

It’s no exaggeration to say that Deano has helped give me some of the best moments of my life over the last few years, from promotion, to staying up on the final day and then beating a top, top team 7-2.  Fantastic times.

However, this separation is for the best. Wish you well Dean and thank you. 

• Like 2

Sad, gutted for Dean ,a real  Villa man , just reading through all the posts here shows how much affection we had for him and how much we all wanted him to succeed but given our poor results this calendar year it is no great surprise , just hope we appoint a manager who can match owners ambitions . Thanks for taking us this far Dean .UTV

• Like 3

4 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

If by overhype, you mean, we've been extreme shite, and theyve been much better, as well as being 7 points and 9 places above us in the table,  playing much better football, then I guess?

I think it's more of a combination us currently looking worse than almost every other team in the League. If we didn't, we wouldn't necessarily be " overhyping " Brighton, regardless of how good they were.

Based on current form, we've had Southampton " normally a winnable game " look like peak Barcelona for large portions over the past week.

They failed to beat both Norwich and Newcastle who look just as shit as us. I don’t think it was a definite defeat like some make out regardless of Smith.  

As it is now hopefully we have new manager by then and a bounce.

Gutted in a way he was a good bloke but I spose the club have ideas of bringing in someone who can get the job done.

I wish you good luck Smith I am sure you won't have trouble finding more work.

Under Smith we got alot done in the football World but I do think the timing is to give the new guy a bit of cash and a January window. 

Goodluck Smith I enjoyed how you helped shape our revival.

• Like 1

Even though he's been sacked. He doesn't leave on a negative feeling for me. 

Usually i curse all these shit managers and time wasters we've had but Dean actually achieved something and leaves with my respect. 

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I reckon this is why Matty Cash was so sad in Southampton post match as well you know, they probably knew.

Targett*

I think this too now. He made a comment along the lines of 'a manager can only do so much, we have to do more as players' that I thought was a bit odd at the time.

If he knew Dean was done, that would make sense. 

• Thanks 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â