Dean Smith

Demitri_C

Today’s line up looked like a direct response to fans rather than Deano‘s choice in my opinion. Sort of like “this is what you’ve asked for”.

Players aren’t happy clearly, something’s gotta give sooner or later. I don’t see how he gets us out of this, in the sense of our season is going to be below the standard expected and we won’t meet expectations. I think whether he goes now or goes in the summer, it’s kinda inevitable if we are going to stagnate. NSWE won’t have it and rightly so. We need to progress. 

1 minute ago, samjp26 said:

Today’s line up looked like a direct response to fans rather than Deano‘s choice in my opinion. Sort of like “this is what you’ve asked for”.

Players aren’t happy clearly, something’s gotta give sooner or later. I don’t see how he gets us out of this, in the sense of our season is going to be below the standard expected and we won’t meet expectations. I think whether he goes now or goes in the summer, it’s kinda inevitable if we are going to stagnate. NSWE won’t have it and rightly so. We need to progress. 

I agree. But playing one of Ings or Ollie was forced on with injury. God knows what the team would be if Ings was fit

• Like 1

I think the loss of coaching staff is more significant than the loss of Jack.

ROK was deemed not a modern coach - so was to be demoted !

Bear in mind the people who made that decision are recruiting our next head coach 

I can feel remi Garde 2 incoming.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Wurzel said:

Leeds fan on BBC radio 5 slagging Villa fans off for wanting Smith out, and TBH he has a very big point.

Here's your problem with that. Who on here gives a **** about leeds. 

Fair enough your still backing Smith but don't make out our own fans are delusional for expecting better. 

1 minute ago, villalad21 said:

I have Southampton and Brighton as favorites in both games.

They both have a clear system and are very aggressive.

We have a good squad but playing like a team of individuals.

He has to go if we lose both of those

7 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Irrelevant and I don’t think he will.

he had a sticky patch in the xmas period after he joined. he turned it around

we were heading for the drop before covid. he turned it around.

he's done it before, he'll do it again

1 minute ago, hippo said:

I think the loss of coaching staff is more significant than the loss of Jack.

ROK was deemed not a modern coach - so was to be demoted !

Bear in mind the people who made that decision are recruiting our next head coach 

I can feel remi Garde 2 incoming.

You just make that up?

1 minute ago, tomav84 said:

someone replied to john percy indicating that JT would be top of the list if smith went. percy replied along the lines of zero chance of that happening. that indicated a less than amicable split with JT so your theory/ITK info is totally believable IMO

I found out he was told to go when it was found out he'd been advising cock face to leave. Sneaky prick was apparently told in no uncertain terms to pack up and get out. Kelly was also told he was being demoted, said no so was also told to go. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Do the home and away every week fans want him out? Not sure they do tbf . Football fans are fickle , so you’ll always get plenty that do want him out after a bad run . Money spent and the last few results haven’t been great. Not sure he’s got it in him to take us to the next level but happy to be proved wrong for a few more games. 

Nobody has wanted Smith out. However, my feeling is from speaking to many people in the ground is that his time is up. 

Edited by avfc1982am

27 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

It wont be JT. The club told him to f*** off when they found out he was telling JG to leave. Hence the sudden departure.

apparently Richard Kelly left because he was going to be demoted and refused to let that happen, so he and JT left suddenly and unplanned.

edit you beat me to it

Edited by VillanousOne

Just now, VillanousOne said:

apparently Richard Kelly left because he was going to be demoted and refused to let that happen, so he and JT left suddenly and unplanned.

see my previous post. Kelly was being primed for the 18's and wasn't interested

Said we’d struggle for wins this season. Way way way too disjointed in many departments. That was clear as soon as the sale of Grealish was confirmed. There is no excuse for it now. The lack of pre-season is now null and void 10 games in. Not buying the injuries excuse either. This form is down to how the team are being managed AND the individual talents of our players. 

The recruitment over the summer was horrendous and it is really starting to show. I have no idea what on earth they thought they were trying to achieve. 

Huge struggle from here. Buckle up for a relegation dog fight. 

8 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

he had a sticky patch in the xmas period after he joined. he turned it around

we were heading for the drop before covid. he turned it around.

he's done it before, he'll do it again

Both times he had Grealish, and in the former case the turnaround started precisely when Grealish returned.

2 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

see my previous post. Kelly was being primed for the 18's and wasn't interested

yeah I read that also, both really put the boot into our preseason

what was happening today with all the players out 'ill'

did Smith say anything about that?

25 minutes ago, Wurzel said:

Leeds fan on BBC radio 5 slagging Villa fans off for wanting Smith out, and TBH he has a very big point.

No, he really doesn’t.

This Smith out talk is a bit premature. His teams go through poor runs every season, but also have good runs to balance it out. Unless we get information that he has lost the support of the players then I don't think it's time to call for his head. It was only a month or so ago that the fan base was saying he was the best fit for us. 

• Like 4

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â