Dean Smith

Demitri_C

2 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

they're going to find it difficult to get us consistently winning games

Yes that would be difficult but if you replace the word 'winning' with 'performing' or 'doing the right things' or ' playing to a system' or 'putting in the effort' or something like that it should not be so difficult

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Maybe he could say "Whoever our manager is they're going to find it difficult to get us consistently winning games, only a few teams can manage that, the rest have good runs and bad runs of form, that's just the way it is."?

That's just like saying to the Mrs, we are all lads and cheat sometimes. it's a poor excuse, an it's no reason to keep you!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

A bad run can certainly happen under any manager.

What's really annoying though is having a superb second half v Everton and win v Man. United....and then following it up with two abysmal performances in North london and losing the Wolves game in that terrible manner. That's the extreme form that isn't having us finishing 8th any time soon.

Reminds me of those spells under Lambert when we'd get excited from beating Man. City or Liverpool.....and then promptly lose our next five without scoring a goal.

Theres a story about a scarecrow on a farm that none of the animals wanted to talk to because he looked too shabby, then one night there was a heavy snowfall, when the animals woke up the scarecrow was gone but in his place was a handsome snowman, all the animals couldn't stop talking with him and enjoying his charming company... It was only when they snow melted that they realised that the snowman and the scarecrow are one and the same, and from that day on all the animals were friends with the scarecrow.

Edited by useless
  • Thanks 1

Said it earlier there isn’t a great list of realistic available candidates at the point in time IMO that I’d instantly replace Smith with, right now. Results aren’t great but we’ve got a great squad , we Just need to find the right blend and fast. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, useless said:

Theres a story about a scarecrow on a farm that none of the animals wanted to talk to because he looked too shabby, then one night there was a heavy snowfall, when the animals woke up the scarecrow was gone but in his place was a handsome snowman, all the animals couldn't stop talking with him and enjoying his charming company... It was only when they snow melted that they realised that the snow and the scarecrow are one and the same, and from that day on all the animals were friends with the scarecrow.

I get ya. So maybe now Smith is melting, it'll be Lambert underneath🤣

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, VillaChris said:

A bad run can certainly happen under any manager.

What's really annoying though is having a superb second half v Everton and win v Man. United....and then following it up with two abysmal performances in North london and losing the Wolves game in that terrible manner. That's the extreme form that isn't having us finishing 8th any time soon.

Reminds me of those spells under Lambert when we'd get excited from beating Man. City or Liverpool.....and then promptly lose our next five without scoring a goal.

Typical of a midtable team that quite a few of us have been saying we are doesn’t it?  Today was dogshit, without doubt but midtable teams tend to be that inconsistent.  Look how bad Arsenal were at the start of season…didn’t they lose badly their first 3 or 4 and looked awful…today with our help they looked brilliant.  A few other teams around the midtable are the same.

• Like 1

For me the biggest difference is the defense this season and there are only two reasons, the change in formation or Terry leaving. If its Terry which I don't believe it is, then Smith is in trouble.

He needs to change back to a back four and drop Watkins and play Ings up top. Whatever promises he's made to either player are irrelevant, he needs to make a tough decision and to start winning games, starting with tightening up the defense.

Dropping Watkins will send a huge message to the rest of the squad that their positions aren't moveable, sometimes a coach needs to send a message, as for me we've seen three games in a row where the attitude has cost the team points.

Looking at the table again, you have to say we are below where we probs should be but I’m not shocked by about any of the teams above us if that makes sense. We are 5 points from 4th tonight and 7 points above the relegation zone. Just some perspective. 

13 minutes ago, est1874 said:

I don't often agree with Peter, in fact I rarely listen to him, but this is honestly such a stupid reply to a post, and wrong too.

We had been going back on various things all day so I didn’t need to elaborate plus others elaborated for me in the following pages in response to him and I’m sorry but your wrong.  I don’t care if you agree with me or not his analogy was a bad analogy and his reasoning was mixed.  Others who followed explained that to him and I had further points to add but didn’t have time.

Edited by nick76

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â