Dean Smith

Demitri_C

12 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

That I've never anyone subbed with exhaustion quote. It's a good quote when you win but honestly it is something I would expect Steve Bruce to come out with.

I feel like the season is going to catch up with us the same way it would under O'Neill. Forward thinking in a lot of ways Deano but fitness has always concerned me.

The Drinkwater nonsense. The playing McGinn under he dropped. The playing McGinn to get him fit.

The 4-2-3-1 project needs to die.

Get Sanson in midfield. We need legs and energy.

Despite showing flash of brilliance Barkley is offering the team very little.

Edited by villalad21

1 minute ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

You'd have to wonder if McGinn and Douglas had Covid, neither have had the same energy since the break.

I think its no coincidence since Barkley came back into the team the balance in midfield looks poor

Just now, villalad21 said:

The 4-2-3-1 project needs to die.

Get Sanson in midfield. We need legs and energy.

Despite showing flash of brilliance Barkley is offering the team very little.

4-2-3-1 suits us pretty well to be honest, and Barkley is normally very handy.  He's still got that quality.

We were well off it tonight though.  I also thought Coufal was brilliant.  West Ham are a good side.

Yeah the team look absolutely shattered, I don't even know what to say. Every player had a shit game. Can't seem to get any consistency. 

Great that we need perspective compared to last year, but we know we can compete with the best in this league, so frustrating to see us play this poorly.

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

I think its no coincidence since Barkley came back into the team the balance in midfield looks poor

Barkley is just not worth having out there. Knack of scoring the odd goal, superb on the ball. Creates very little. Slows things down. Does ZERO defensive work. 

Like I said the last match. You might as well just field another striker, cause that's essentially what he is to us. A luxury player that fannies about 30 yard from the box.

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

On the bright side Sanson and Trez looked sharp when they came on. Will be pushing for a start Saturday. Disappointing Smith didn’t move Grealish earlier. But end of the day West Ham were just the much better team.  We’ve been poor last 2 and a half games. 

Yeah both did. I think trez probably gets back in next game. Maybe Jack moved central. 

Bad day at the office. I think we're looking quite leggy atm. Something isn't quite right with the midfield of Mcginn, Luiz and Barkley atm. Still, we're having an incredible season. When you look at the squad West Ham have, you realise how much work is still yet to be done with our squad.

Still, as long as we're progressing then I'm happy.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, dudevillaisnice said:

I think it’s fair to expect some changes against Arsenal especially in midfield 

You’d hope so, but I bet he picks the same 11 apart from Troare in for el ghazi

Â