Dean Smith

Demitri_C

Tough crowd in here tonight!

I agree about the sub thing but we should be happy after half a season to be on 32 points, a cracking team that has played well so far this season.  Nicked a win against the play tonight and seem a happy squad.

I understand the criticism but if we can’t be happy now it’s going to be tough when we have bad times.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Sorry but this is an unfair and unreasonable comment IMO.

You are trying to nullify is point by hanging that on to it?

Its an observation a very large number of us have made, yeah we ain't managers and we have done well, but still.

Is it coincidence that other managers proactively make changes which have either nullified or turned us over in the past?

Burnley possibly the freshest example.

Its possible to both appreciate the players and manager, yet call them out for what we feel are weaknesses or flaws.

We were hanging on for dear life in that game with no respite, and were ultimately lucky to come out with any points.

We could call it a tactical masterclass, but that simply wouldn't be true in my view, it was ily risky,

I get defending our manager and players etc, but none should be beyond constructive criticism.

Especially when the premise is that by all accounts we overall love Deano.

Alot of the comments are out of genuine worry, not just people tryin to be pricks, for the most part anyway.

At least someone is talking sense....

1 minute ago, MrBlack said:

20201130_220948.jpg.5ad8b99dc09b85445f5ac4ebe73b345c.jpg

Ignoring the fact Watkins was being fouled...This line is being drawn from the wrong place. Its closer to his elbow than his shoulder.

I agree they are trying to be consistent, but they got this one very wrong for me.

The end of the sleeve is now the "Line". You can be offside with it, you can score with.

**** knows what they'd do if someone was wearing long sleeves or had their short ones rolled up to the shoulder.

3 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

I'm happy we won.

But I'm not some hypocrite who is happy that just because we got **** over earlier in the season another team was also **** over.

They drew the lines from. The wrong place on ings. The Burnley kit has the lines already on it from where it is supposed to be measured. Opposite the armpit. 

it's not hypocritical though. it's just football. the VAR process is inconsistent at best and if it were up to me the whole lines would be scrapped and it would purely be based off the clear and obvious rule. i dont get why you have to be happy, with a 'but'...just be happy, we're 8th in the league! **** southampton, they'll get over it

Just now, nick76 said:

I agree about the sub thing but we should be happy after half a season to be on 32 points, a cracking team that has played well so far this season.  Nicked a win against the play tonight and seem a happy squad.

I understand the criticism but if we can’t be happy now it’s going to be tough when we have bad times.

Being madly in love with my missus doesn’t mean I can’t complain when she leaves the cooker on!!

• Like 2

Just now, nick76 said:

It's possible to be happy for the 3 points tonight but deeply concerned for the future. I was sat in a room this morning of 20+ villa supporters. Everyone to a person said we were lucky tonight...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I'm happy to be where we are. I'm unhappy that we are only here because of these basic tactical errors. He didn't evvn bother with the basic time-wasting tactic even though we had basically 3 dead weights on the pitch for 30 minutes in mcginn, barkley and traore. 

2 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

20201130_220948.jpg.5ad8b99dc09b85445f5ac4ebe73b345c.jpg

Ignoring the fact Watkins was being fouled...This line is being drawn from the wrong place. Its closer to his elbow than his shoulder.

I agree they are trying to be consistent, but they got this one very wrong for me.

I know what you mean, just seen others and knew they were going to do it.  I think it was wrong, I thought he was fouled but I’m flabbergasted by rules and VAR these days so wasn’t surprised.  Only the Man City goal have I been truly surprised about this season, that was a shocker....all the rest I flip a coin what decision they make to be honest.

2 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

The end of the sleeve is now the "Line". You can be offside with it, you can score with.

**** knows what they'd do if someone was wearing long sleeves or had their short ones rolled up to the shoulder.

Its not the end of the sleeve, its a point on your arm in line with where your armpit is. Or was when Watkins decisions was made. He had extremely long sleeves on his top and i assume made them draw the line in the wrong place. 

You go to battle with the team you have not the ideal one you dream of after a couple stiff drinks. We are the best watch in the Prem. Also, one of the best defenses and a left winger who could walk into any team in Europe. This is dream land and I have enjoyed every single minute of this season. 

I have been following Villa for 13 years. Someone older please state the last time we have had a season this well at the halfway point. UTV!!!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Sorry but this is an unfair and unreasonable comment IMO.

You are trying to nullify his point by hanging that on to it?

Its an observation a very large number of us have made, yeah we ain't managers and we have done well, but still.

Is it coincidence that other managers proactively make changes which have either nullified or turned us over in the past?

Burnley possibly the freshest example.

Its possible to both appreciate the players and manager, yet call them out for what we feel are weaknesses or flaws.

We were hanging on for dear life in that game with no respite, and were ultimately lucky to come out with any points.

We could call it a tactical masterclass, but that simply wouldn't be true in my view, it was ily risky,

I get defending our manager and players etc, but none should be beyond constructive criticism.

Especially when the premise is that by all accounts we overall love Deano.

Alot of the comments are out of genuine worry, not just people tryin to be pricks, for the most part anyway.

You don't get to call it a flaw without any proof to back it up though, or you will be questioned.

There is zero evidence that his lack of subs have made us worse. 

For someone to claim its an obvious flaw, deserves push back when a) its based on **** all and b) all the progress we've made. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rightdm00 said:

You go to battle with the team you have not the ideal one you dream of after a couple stiff drinks. We are the best watch in the Prem. Also, one of the best defenses and a left winger who could walk into any team in Europe. This is dream land and I have enjoyed every single minute of this season. 

I have been following Villa for 13 years. Someone older please state the last time we have had a season this well at the halfway point. UTV!!!

Martin o'Neill years i think. But that squad was old and on the decline. Totally different trajectory now. 

Just now, DCJonah said:

You don't get to call it a flaw without any proof to back it up though, or you will be questioned.

There is zero evidence that his lack of subs have made us worse. 

For someone to claim its an obvious flaw, deserves push back when a) its based on **** all and b) all the progress we've made. 

Literally last game. Or the fact we were the worst defensive team in the last 15 minutes last season. Pretty obvious.

2 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

I'm happy to be where we are. I'm unhappy that we are only here because of these basic tactical errors. He didn't evvn bother with the basic time-wasting tactic even though we had basically 3 dead weights on the pitch for 30 minutes in mcginn, barkley and traore. 

What the actual **** am I reading. 

3 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

It's possible to be happy for the 3 points tonight but deeply concerned for the future. I was sat in a room this morning of 20+ villa supporters. Everyone to a person said we were lucky tonight...

Deeply concerned for the future??? I understand tonight but future

Figure It Out What GIF by CBC

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

this is the thing, it’s not and never was. when the rule was first announced, they (not sure who exactly) said ‘t-shirt line’ refers to a 90 degree angle from the armpit. It should be drawn from the blue line below, not the yellow.

36063291-605-C-4-F03-A3-DA-E204710-AE267

it was done this way for exactly that problem, but why it’s not been implemented properly as usual I have no idea

Edited by a m ole

Just now, MotoMkali said:

Literally last game. Or the fact we were the worst defensive team in the last 15 minutes last season. Pretty obvious.

The last game we made subs!!!

If you think last year was about not making subs then you're more clueless than I first thought. 

Â