Dean Smith

Demitri_C

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

To be fair Southampton are a very good team and were clinical against us. The Leeds game was anybody’s until they scored. 

Every game will be tough. The difference is we are now competing in all of them!

True. Maybe then what I really want is for us to go 1-0 down then go on to destroy them.

• Like 1

I know we got all googly eyed after first four and we had a sharp wake up call in the last two, but I think it’s fair to say we’re looking good.

I expect we’ll lose a decent amount of games and some which we won’t expect to but we are going to dwarf last season points tally. We’re beatable but we can also beat anyone.  The difference in all round quality is plain to see including marked improvements in the likes of Trez, Konsa and Doug.  

Then there’s the ace in the hole, Jack Grealish.  Good god, the guy is incredible. 

The achievement keep coming. 

* Promotion at the first time of asking

* Record breaking winning run

* Survival and Cup final in 1st season back

* Winning first 4 games for the first time 

* Winning the first 3 away games for the first time in 20 odd years

* 5 wins from the first 7

The bloke has, and is doing a fantastic job. 

1 minute ago, Wainy316 said:

I know we got all googly eyed after first four and we had a sharp wake up call in the last two, but I think it’s fair to say we’re looking good.

I expect we’ll lose a decent amount of games and some which we won’t expect to but we are going to dwarf last season points tally. We’re beatable but we can also beat anyone.  The difference in all round quality is plain to see including marked improvements in the likes of Trez, Konsa and Doug.  

Then there’s the ace in the hole, Jack Grealish.  Good god, the guy is incredible. 

Spot on. We can now go in to any game thinking we can win whereas last season we pretty much knew the result of a lot of the games before we even kicked off.

As you say it doesn’t mean we will win every game we expect to win. No team bar the top 4 or so teams does that. 

We do need luck with injuries though. 

It took us 14 games to reach 15 points last season.  And then we lost the next 5 in a row.

We were on our current points total after half a season. 

Edited by Davkaus

25 minutes ago, av1 said:

The achievement keep coming. 

* Promotion at the first time of asking

* Record breaking winning run

* Survival and Cup final in 1st season back

* Winning first 4 games for the first time 

* Winning the first 3 away games for the first time in 20 odd years

* 5 wins from the first 7

The bloke has, and is doing a fantastic job. 

Bart Eating Record GIF - Bart EatingRecord Simpson - Discover & Share GIFs

20 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

No clean sheet away from home last season

This season 3 away games 3 clean sheets

Someone in the match thread said its the first time we've won our opening 3 away games in our history, mad stat 

Considering last season we didn’t get an away clean sheet, that’s pretty impressive turn around 

1 minute ago, mikeyp102 said:

Had it spot on today. He’s done so well. My only criticism is that he doesn’t use the subs. We don’t want another MON March burn out syndrome 

The trouble is we have no subs which won’t lower the quality of the team on the pitch.

43 minutes ago, Spoony said:

I want us to utterly destroy Brighton to prove we aren’t just about beating the best teams in the league (mental sentence to type but it seems to hold true right now)

It's true though. We are at our best when we can counter attack like against liverpool and the arse. Brighton will sit back and be happy with a point so it will be much more difficult for us to break them down. Just like the Sheffield United game. 

9 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Only negative after today:

I would like for him to use all his 3 subs when it's 10 minutes left and we are 3-0 up

With International break coming up I don't think he has too many worries about it 

5 of them get 2 weeks off*, including Barkley who at times looked the obvious sub for fresh legs 

* Grealish too probably ;)

5 minutes ago, ender4 said:

The trouble is we have no subs which won’t lower the quality of the team on the pitch.

Agreed but it didnt really matter today though cos we were winning 3-0, we weren't holding on for a 2-1 win.  

Also it would making the squad players feel part of our good run. I doubt marvellous or conor felt like they were part of the win today. Maybe of they had played for 15 minutes they might have. If I was on the bench today I would have been pissed off not to get a run out. Although given the bad weather maybe they were happy to keep their coats on. 

Edited by villa89
  • Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â