Dean Smith

Demitri_C

Just now, Farlz said:

If we sacked Smith just to hire a relegation survival man like Big Sam then I'd genuinely just pack it in for a while. Most of you will think differently but I'm just not interested in that at all. 

And if he keeps us up? You still going to feel this way?

Smith is relegating us its as simple as that

• Like 4

This could work in our favour, in the sense that I think this might be the wake up call that the squad need, can see them fighting like ferocious demons now to save Smith's job. Would be a shame if he does leave at this stage, but at the same time can see where the owners are coming from, they're going to do whatever they think is needed to keep us in the division.

11 minutes ago, Farlz said:

I don't want it to end like this ffs

I'll be gutted as well.

My favorite season ever last year. Basically got me interested in Villa again.

Without him we don't get up last season, we don't get to see Jack breaking into the England, and probably Euro squad as Villa captain.

I can't believe it honestly.

Just now, Tomaszk said:

I'll be gutted as well.

My favorite season ever last year. Basically got me interested in Villa again.

Without him we don't get up last season, we don't get to see Jack breaking into the England, and probably Euro squad as Villa captain.

I can't believe it honestly.

Thoese memories will never go though.  Smith will always be welcome here by the fans.

It was just a step too far for him sadly. I wish him all the best and hope he is really successful whenever his career takes him.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

Thoese memories will never go though.  Smith will always be welcome here by the fans.

It was just a step too far for him sadly. I wish him all the best and hope he is really successful whenever his career takes him.

Our players are crap.

Tony Pulis will not keep us up. Big Sam will not keep us up.

Whoever we bring in we should be looking at next season coming up from the Championship. Who can do that that would come to us now?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

They aren't going to sack Smith with a view to being in the championship next season, otherwise there'd be no point in sacking him, if they sack him the whole point of it will be with a view to keeping us the Premier league. I'm sure ideally they'd want someone who they feel will give us a good chance of staying up and if that fails will also be good enough to get us up next season.

It's short term survival now 9 game sprint to the line , if they feel somone can come in and make an impact like Person at Watford its worth the risk 

It's not the losing now its the manner of them which is what is going to push Smith out the door 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, useless said:

They aren't going to sack Smith with a view to being in the championship next season, otherwise there'd be no point in sacking him, if they sack him the whole point of it will be with a view to keeping us the Premier league. I'm sure ideally they'd want someone who they feel will give us a good chance of staying up and if that fails will also be good enough to get us up next season.

That we look likely to go down is precisely why they should sack Smith. He's not the man to bring us back up.

I don't want us to sack Smith because of what he has done to get us in to the league and the fact that he's a Villa fan.

But, those are the only reasons, the second of which isn't even a good reason to be honest. I don't see him keeping us up and that is why we need a change...sadly.

He will always be welcome at VP. It’s never nice seeing someone lose their job either but it has to be done in my opinion. I can’t see anyone keeping us up I think the damage is already done at this point (actually January was the ideal time to do it but we predictably wasted that opportunity) 

2 minutes ago, screwdriver said:

Finally the board have woken up!

Watch the players throw Smith into the lions den on saturday with an abject display like the 6-1 man city surrender.

can't wait for saturday now!

You can't wait for us to get hammered by Chelsea?

Just now, jacketspuds said:

You can't wait for us to get hammered by Chelsea?

Im excited.

I can't wait to see what happens.

Will the players play their hearts out for Smith to save him? or will they throw him under the bus?

I think we will get battered personally as they have better players than leicestor. but the rumblings in the boards room have given it extra spice!

I have never been pleased when a Villa manager is sacked, with the exception of O’Leary but I get to the stage where it is something of a relief as we have a chance of something better, even though it’s as least as likely to be worse. 

I don’t like this one more game to save his job line though, as if he isn’t the man now I doubt he will be after Saturday. It seems to be near to the end. Even if we stay up I suspect the owners will have seen enough and think we could do better.

I’m really not sure what to think. It’s a risk to sack him or keep him. 

6 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

He got us promoted in my heart, but in my head it was really because Jack, McGinn, Tammy and Mings were waaaaaaaay better than anything else in the division except Kalvin Phillips.

He gets just as much credit as those lot for me.

We were unrecognisable in about 4 weeks from what Bruce had left us with.

He's too attacking and open for this league yes. But we've seen first hand that it works in the Championship.

If you can suggest a manager to appoint I'll be listening.

1 hour ago, useless said:

This could work in our favour, in the sense that I think this might be the wake up call that the squad need, can see them fighting like ferocious demons now to save Smith's job. Would be a shame if he does leave at this stage, but at the same time can see where the owners are coming from, they're going to do whatever they think is needed to keep us in the division.

That’s presuming they want Smith to keep his job. I’m not so sure they do. 

1 minute ago, Tomaszk said:

He gets just as much credit as those lot for me.

We were unrecognisable in about 4 weeks from what Bruce had left us with.

He's too attacking and open for this league yes. But we've seen first hand that it works in the Championship.

If you can suggest a manager to appoint I'll be listening.

After the first four weeks we had results like the 5-5 with Forest, 2-2 with Albion and Stoke, then a 3-2 defeat at Leeds.  And that was 4 out of 5 games - conceding 12 goals.

We also drew 2-2 with QPR and Hull, 3-3 with Sheff Utd and then suffered a 3-0 defeat against Wigan.

When Jack returned from injury against Derby we were 13th.

Yes, Dean's style of play needed someone like Grealish to make it work, but we were shipping goals like crazy last season and nothing has changed.

Â