Dean Smith

Demitri_C

22 minutes ago, Lord Willard said:

Did Dean Smith take hippos lunch money at school or something? 

Hungry, hungry Hippo 😫

Perhaps Alex can comfort him, it's kinda his game from what I remember.

• Like 2

So according to the OS, Dean had 45 minutes away from his phone yesterday!  That’ll be 5 minutes with the wife and 40 minutes walking the dog then!! :clap:

He’s gone up in my estimation ten fold. Be mean, keep them keen Dean!!! 

Edited by ferguson1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

So according to the OS, Dean had 45 minutes away from his phone yesterday!  That’ll be 5 minutes with the wife and 40 minutes walking the dog then!! :clap:

He’s gone up in estimation ten fold. Be mean, keep them keen Dean!!! 

Then try it on the players.....and you will go right up in my estimation.

nothing like a dummy run on the Mrs and the dog.

2 hours ago, Django_Zooms said:

Thierry Henry being sacked by Monaco over anger issues. Bullet dodged, Villa!

Nah, we just took the next one in the chamber.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

https://twitter.com/villareport/status/1088568978404974595

Smith: “You walk into a job and you inherit players. My job is to help make those players better. If I feel there is no development in them, then I think it is time to move them on and we bring other players in. That is just the way the industry works.” [birmingham live

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 4

11 hours ago, TRO said:

Then try it on the players.....and you will go right up in my estimation.

nothing like a dummy run on the Mrs and the dog.

It might be symbolic of my relationship this but, I read that last part as:

"Nothing like a dummy of a Mrs and a run with the dog".

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Smith: “You walk into a job and you inherit players. My job is to help make those players better. If I feel there is no development in them, then I think it is time to move them on and we bring other players in. That is just the way the industry works.” [birmingham live

Basic Brummie interpretation of that for anyone outside of the region:

"I came here to find a bunch of players that, by in large, haven't got the ability to play the modern game, which is my style of football. I've tried to teach it to them but the majority aren't intelligent enough to get it so I'll be getting rid and bringing players in who do understand basic Brummie". 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

is this on a video we can see, or was it just a quote from somewhere?

14 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Not sure why people are treating this as a profound statement worthy of rejoicing.

It looks like a fairly routine, motherhood and apple-pie statement of how management works.

It’s also a process we've seen over and over again at Villa in recent years. 

New manager comes in, tries to get squad to play his way, fails, decides they’re no good, buys new players, leaves/gets the sack, new manager comes in, tries to get the squad to play his way, etc.

I guess we just have to hope this time it’s different but I’m not going to part with any cash on the promise...

• Like 2

6 hours ago, villarocker said:

Basic Brummie interpretation of that for anyone outside of the region:

"I came here to find a bunch of players that, by in large, haven't got the ability to play the modern game, which is my style of football. I've tried to teach it to them but the majority aren't intelligent enough to get it so I'll be getting rid and bringing players in who do understand basic Brummie". 

Would sound better if he didn't praise those same players when he came in as the best he'd ever worked with.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â