The Apprentice 2018

andykeenan

Week 9

Lord Sugar summons the remaining candidates to TV Centre in west London, the iconic former headquarters of the BBC. On arrival, the teams are tasked with their most pressurised challenge yet. In just ten hours they will be selling live to the nation on one of Britain's leading TV shopping channels. Teams must tune in to the best products to sell, as well as direct a promo to boost sales of one of their items. The team that generates the most sales will win.

Week 10

The festive season arrives early at the house. Lord Sugar pays the six remaining candidates a flying visit, challenging them to cash in on the lucrative Christmas market. Teams must produce and brand a new chocolate range to pitch to buyers. They are asked to concoct three unique chocolate flavours, come up with a brand name and design packaging for their range. Back in the boardroom, it is sweet victory for one team and a bitter taste for the losers.

23 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

This season has been for me by far the worst ever. It's so bad.

Seems a growing trend year on year.

The show died when Margaret and Nick left and got replaced with these two idiots that LS calls aides.

Crap telly imo.

On 06/12/2018 at 10:03, Demitri_C said:

This season has been for me by far the worst ever. It's so bad.

I think it's been alright.  Last year I had to stop watching it, it was absolutely awful but the last few candidates this year all have a bit about them.

3 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

I think it's been alright.  Last year I had to stop watching it, it was absolutely awful but the last few candidates this year all have a bit about them.

I think its shit. Like @AvfcRigo82 says when Margaret and nick left it fell part nust like when he turned it into a "investment" as opposed to a job. 

Week 12

Interviews 

They face the scrutiny of Lord Sugar's most trusted advisors, who are primed to put each of their business plans under the microscope. Each candidate goes head to head with the business heavyweights, attempting to prove their worth in the fight of their lives. There is tough talking, turmoil and tears as bravado breaks, egos are eradicated, and business plans bulldozed.

I've seen 3 episodes from this series.

On 2 of them, quite obviously the wrong person has been fired. It's not even close.

Blatantly so motivated by their business plans.

Edited by Stevo985

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

Blatantly so motivated by their business plans.

Based on yesterday's interviews episode, this can't possibly be true. The business plans if the final 5 were almost entirely devoid of merit. The fact that one of the final two has been making nut based 'milk' for 3 months in a kitchen using sexually suggestive marketing (naughty nut juice!) is absolutely mind boggling. I refuse to believe that she was kept in on the strength of her business plan. 

8 minutes ago, hogso said:

Based on yesterday's interviews episode, this can't possibly be true. The business plans if the final 5 were almost entirely devoid of merit. The fact that one of the final two has been making nut based 'milk' for 3 months in a kitchen using sexually suggestive marketing (naughty nut juice!) is absolutely mind boggling. I refuse to believe that she was kept in on the strength of her business plan. 

I kind of agree  ..but that nut juice has the potential to be worth millions so I'd be surprised if she doens't win

but Tennis party lady and cleaning lady would never have made the final 5 based on their business plans alone

1 hour ago, hogso said:

I was going on the week before, when they designed chocolates.

They lost the task on the shitty marketing and name. The focus group said it, the panels said it, Karen Brady said it, Alan Sugar said it. It was explicitly stated as the reason they lost.

Then he sacked the girl who made the chocolates, the only person on the team who had no input into the name or marketing, because they didn't taste very nice.

If i was in charge of the BBC what I would do is mix it up. If i was in charge what i would do from next year have the interview stage FIRST then let the interviewers fire anyone they want on the spot before the first official task.

Nutjuice v Underwear.

Been a very poor season. Interviews were cringe viewing.

Like @Demitri_C states they should mix it up a bit more.

Never mind all these so called experts that think they will walk it that are the contestants etc.

Take on a few average everyday Joes, a factory worker for instance, a few jobless from the dole que, -but I mean all people that have ambition to do something to go with it and not just your down the off licence once their benefits are paid in character.

Could be quite interesting.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â