The Cabbage

villarule123

A cabbage, green and firm, a symbol of despair, Was launched across the pitch, with a fan's frustrated glare. Steve Bruce, on the sidelines, watched with a troubled frown, As the vegetable projectile, brought his reign crashing down.

The cabbage, a projectile, a message loud and clear, "Bruce out! Bruce out!" the fans' anger, ringing in their ear. It landed with a thud, a sign of discontent, A symbol of the frustration, that Bruce's tenure had sent.

The players, on the pitch, looked on with weary eyes, As the cabbage, a metaphor, for their own demise. The boardroom, in a panic, saw the writing on the wall, Bruce's time was over, he'd fallen from his pedestal.

A cabbage, a catalyst, a symbol of the change, That swept through Villa Park, leaving nothing the same. The fans, they cheered, as Bruce's era came to an end, A cabbage, a hero, a Villa's loyal friend.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

I can honestly say I was there. Guy was 2 ft from me.

hmm.....

was it you that walked in with a big package maybe?, and not the guy 2 feet from you?! 😜

11 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

hmm.....

was it you that walked in with a big package maybe?, and not the guy 2 feet from you?! 😜

Nah it was some oldish boy. You know the special kind of people who were those cotton jogging bottoms that are half way down their arse and they're out of shape and it's just a god awful sight and you can tell they're a bit not all there.

Anyway I didn't see the cabbage but I saw this chap hurling abuse at Brucey and walking away with a plastic bag and Brucey was just giving him the old death stare as if it to say come on then, I ain't scared or breaking eye contract. It was all bizarre. It was only later I heard stories of the cabbage and I'm gutted I missed the biggest moment in our history.

Anyway that's my boring story.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

It's wild how many major and bizarre inflection points we had around 2018-2020ish, all of which went our way.

June 2018 - losing the playoff final to Fulham, which ended up being the catalyst for our success

October 2018 - the Whelan penalty miss and the Cabbage

June 2020 - the Hawkeye error against Sheffield United

• Like 1

8 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Nah it was some oldish boy. You know the special kind of people who were those cotton jogging bottoms that are half way down their arse and they're out of shape and it's just a god awful sight and you can tell they're a bit not all there.

@mottaloo:detect:

;) 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Xela said:

@mottaloo:detect:

;) 

I laughed but then....reality kicked in.

I have just returned from walking the dog....my black (faded black) joggers kept working their way below my ample waistline (i forgot to replace the tie cord  and the elasticity of said pants weren't all that)....which worried me cos I "forgot" to put underpants on....so it made my gaspy, snivelly stagger home all the more stressful.

@rodders0223has described me to a tee 😳

• Haha 3

10 hours ago, Mantis said:

It's wild how many major and bizarre inflection points we had around 2018-2020ish, all of which went our way.

June 2018 - losing the playoff final to Fulham, which ended up being the catalyst for our success

October 2018 - the Whelan penalty miss and the Cabbage

June 2020 - the Hawkeye error against Sheffield United

Possibly the team that benefited the most from the timing of the Covid lockdown. I also reckon Jack getting punched by the SHA fan helped to rally our team spirit for the 10 game winning streak

Edited by icouldtelltheworld

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â