Weekends Football 28/30 Septmebrr

andykeenan

1 hour ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

If the £70m Kepa goes for that with his correct hand he'd probably save it, poor keeping.

£130m of goalkeeping 'talent' out there today

Anyone else think Sturridge's goal yesterday reminded you of the ones Collymore used to score for Liverpool and us in the 90s?

Like Stan, Sturridge could've been best English striker of his generation but various factors stopped that. I've always rated him though so guess that loan to WBA was a bit of a wake up call for his career.

At very least now he'll be back in the England squad and playing a key role in a title challenge. If he stays fit of course....

3 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Anyone else think Sturridge's goal yesterday reminded you of the ones Collymore used to score for Liverpool and us in the 90s?

Like Stan, Sturridge could've been best English striker of his generation but various factors stopped that. I've always rated him though so guess that loan to WBA was a bit of a wake up call for his career.

At very least now he'll be back in the England squad and playing a key role in a title challenge. If he stays fit of course....

It was a great finish, was just expecting him to be injured hitting the ball that far 

Even if he stays fit I don't think he is the same player, wonderful goal but his key attribute that made him the goalscorer was raw pace. He has lost more than a yard of it.

He is post Liverpool Torres. Pundits can talk about just needing a run of games, a few goals to go in "off his arse" to get his mojo back, or a wonder goal like yesterday to the get the confidence going...but the truth is the old Sturridge isn't coming back.

If he remains at Liverpool, scores double figures off the bench and in rotation for the rest of his days, picks up a few medals he will have done well. Sadly.

Krzysztof Piatek early contender for signing of the season?

Genoa signed him from KS Cracovia in the Polish league for  €4 million this summer.

Scored 4 goals in his debut against Lecce in the Coppa Italia, since then he's scored 6 goals in 5 games in the Serie A.

And today he's added another 2 in the first half against Frosinone.

Being scouted by among others Juve and Inter and valued at £30m.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, VillaChris said:

I missed the reason but why were West Ham players holding up Sanchez's shirt yesterday?

He suffered a really bad injury during a game earlier in the week apparently.

Out for a couple of months at least.

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â