The NSWE Board

Guest av1

I don't get the "owners have lost interest" sentiments.

SG has been backed to the tune of £70m or so, and four of the players he bought in make up our top 5 earners. He wasn't exactly digging in the bargain bin.

They've backed him and it's failing. No reason to think they won't back the next manager. They are the last people at the club that I'm worried about.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, TomC said:

Can you hold the original hire against them? I can't. Some here were skeptical of SG from the start, credit to them, but you can't say that it was a ridiculous hire based on what was known at the time. Even the best of owners make the occasional bad hire

Actually I think you can hold it against them, not because Gerrard has turned out to be an incompetent fool, but because he was the wrong type of manager. Supposedly we were going to have an over riding plan that meant that swapping managers wouldn't mean tearing up the book and starting again. We'd just spent millions on wingers and then changed to a system that involved none. We needed a manager experienced in moving a lower mid table team up the table and instead went for a man whose only experience was managing a team who had vast advantage over all but one of the league. It made as little sense as swapping from Houllier to McCleish.

Obviously the owners have been brilliant for us so far and now they need to correct one of their few mistakes by showing Gerrard the door.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Yes we CAN blame people.

All those people need to do is rewind a couple of years or Google " NWSE set to save Villa from Administration " for some common sense to prevail.

We wouldn't even be here having arguments about any sort of Premier League status if it wasn't for them in the first place.

So because they’ve done good, we cant question the bad?

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Yes we CAN blame people.

All those people need to do is rewind a couple of years or Google " NWSE set to save Villa from Administration " for some common sense to prevail.

We wouldn't even be here having arguments about any sort of Premier League status if it wasn't for them in the first place.

But what have they done for us lately? ;) 

Important Satirical Films - Monty Python's Life Of Brian

10 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Yes we CAN blame people.

But that doesn't absolve them from everything. Lerner saved us from Doug. Xia saved us from Lerner. 

1 hour ago, duke313 said:

Can you blame people, the longer they let this farce continue?

I can’t for the life of me think why any blame could be directed at the owners. They saved us and pumped a lot of money into us and will carry on to do so. Premier league football isn’t easy. Very fickle for fans to be jumping on owners back. 

Edited by Rugeley Villa
  • Like 3

People criticizing the owners and Purslow at this present moment comes across as incredibly childish and bratty after all they've done for the club, the sums they've put in have been staggering, and they haven't just saved us, they've put and are putting things in place to give us the best possible chance of a great future.

Of course there are times when owners need to be questioned, but not when because they haven't sacked a manager exactly when fans want him sacked, we don't know the whole story, there could be any number things going on in the background affecting the situation, such as negotiating Gerrard's pay-off, or discussions with a replacement, ensuring we've got someone to come in straight away.

Problem is people make things up in their head about what's going on, Purslow not sacking Gerrard because he's his mate being a common example, and then getting angry based on those made up things.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, picicata said:

Actually I think you can hold it against them, not because Gerrard has turned out to be an incompetent fool, but because he was the wrong type of manager. Supposedly we were going to have an over riding plan that meant that swapping managers wouldn't mean tearing up the book and starting again. We'd just spent millions on wingers and then changed to a system that involved none.

That's a fair criticism...actually, I will go one step further and say it's an excellent point. I hadn't thought of it that way.

It's OK to criticize the decision itself...I just don't want to see this turn into "NSWE out." That would be foolish.

Edited by TomC
Edited quote to one point

Just now, duke313 said:

Not sacking Gerrard 

It’s not that plain and simple. They may feel they want to give him more time which is their decision. I’d hardly have that down as something bad because they haven’t sacked him . We wanted smith out in the end, a lot of the fanbase were shouting for him to be gone. Now we are all shouting for Gerrard to be sacked . As I said it’s not easy being successful in football let alone the best league in the world . 

1 hour ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Jesus Christ starting to question the owners now?  Knew it wouldn’t be long .

I think it’s justified right now Rugeley, simply by allowing Purslow to stick with Gerrard is demonstrating a lack of ambition. Then sanctioning funds for stadium/Infrastructure projects will be meaningless if we can’t a proper coaching/playing system going. 

19 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

It’s not that plain and simple. They may feel they want to give him more time which is their decision. I’d hardly have that down as something bad because they haven’t sacked him . We wanted smith out in the end, a lot of the fanbase were shouting for him to be gone. Now we are all shouting for Gerrard to be sacked . As I said it’s not easy being successful in football let alone the best league in the world . 

That’s fine. And we are within our right to question that. The longer Gerrard stays in charge the harder it will be to undo the damage he’s causing to the Villa brand and possibly out place in the league.

Seems that they do not look at the current situation as one thats too worrying for them. 

Which is a shame . They are going to find out quickly that you cannot will someone to succeed when they havent got the ability in the first place. 

Everyone turning against Gerrard isnt us being flippant. It is a realisation that he is that shit that is stuck and won't flush away ( as someone eloquently put it on here earlier) 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â