Christian Purslow

villan-scott

3 minutes ago, Don_Simon said:

The second of your quotes, "what I like about purslow is villa fans say we're a big club" doesn't make sense, so I'm not sure what I'm supposed to be basing anything on. 

Hope this helps clear things up.  

On 27/04/2023 at 20:46, villa4europe said:

And FWIW what I like about purslow is villa fans say we're a big club, we're massive and we have this history and this great standing etc etc

9 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

Never trust a man who changes his football team. You can change your car, your house or even your wife but never your football team. 

Think you have pretty much described nearly everyone connected to football from the manager, players and everyone else. And what else was he supposed to say 🤣

Not that I don’t agree with you though, just got to hope that at the age of 5 you have chosen well ✌️

Edited by Cosmik Debris
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Hope this helps clear things up.  

It doesn't clear things up in the slightest, the sentence makes no sense. 

"what I like about purslow is villa fans say we're a big club" - come again?

No idea what point this incoherent sentence proves, but it definitely doesn't prove the original point of Villa fans saying Purslow has made Villa a big club.

Let's move on, UTV.

3 minutes ago, Cosmik Debris said:

Think you have pretty much described nearly everyone connected to football from the manager, players and everyone else. And what else was he supposed to say 🤣

You've missed out 'fans'.

CP was stating in his interview when pressed by Beth Rigby about being a "Liverpool" fan - he said "supported" I.e he's since changed his team is what I took from it.

I'm sure the poster was making a tongue in cheek comment, that's how I read it anyway.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Don_Simon said:

It doesn't clear things up in the slightest, the sentence makes no sense. 

"what I like about purslow is villa fans say we're a big club" - come again?

No idea what point this incoherent sentence proves, but it definitely doesn't prove the original point of Villa fans saying Purslow has made Villa a big club.

Let's move on, UTV.

Read the rest of the post to put it in to context

We think we're a big club, so does purslow, he's happy to be a mouth piece for the other 14 because he wants to put villa at the forefront, he's happy to step forward and be interviewed by sky news and talksport, they're not interviewing palaces chairman are they? Then can you imagine him in the PL meetings?

To me purslow fits what villa fans think we are

Nothing to do with purslow making us big or bigger, I think he represents what we fans think our standing in English football is whereas previous owners didn't, Lerner the mute definitley didn't

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Zatman said:

2nd most famous after the one who was knighted and then invented the bicycle kick in his spare time 😉

Not only that, if you look at the footage of the Netherlands 1974 world cup game against Sweden carefully, you can see him in the crowd, shouting "Johan, feign a pass before dragging the ball behind your standing leg, turning 180 degrees, and accelerating away", just a split second before it happened. Visionary.

1 hour ago, The Fun Factory said:

Both studied at Fitzwilliam College, in Cambridge. Wonder if that paved the way for the interview?

Good detective work. I can imagine that it would have meant that her first phone call would have been to him when she had come up with the idea for an interview. They do tend to stick together even though they studied at very different times. 

9 hours ago, Cosmik Debris said:

Not that I don’t agree with you though, just got to hope that at the age of 5 you have chosen well ✌️

As all good Villa fans know, we’re chosen, we don’t chose. I probably was about 5 when I was chosen though, I remember it well,  despite it being many moons ago. 

Unless you think I’m 5 now? In which case I’m somewhere between mortally offended and envious of anyone who is only 5. Especially since we’re on the brink of a new era claret and blue glory. Heavily leaning towards the envious scenario. 

26 minutes ago, Panto_Villan said:

Always good to see this thread getting bumped. What's he done now to make everyone angry? Burned down an orphanage?

If only, if only.…….

5 hours ago, Oaks said:

Number 1 going out of his way to give his mate slippy the keys to the club.

"Going out of his way" is an odd way to put it.

Yes, it was an egregiously poor appointment and I was desperate for Stevie Me to be sacked even long before many on here were. He was completely out of his depth. But, the situation has been rectified. Purslow was also part of the team running Villa that got us promoted and kept us in the PL. Now look at us challenging for Europe!

He was wrong on Gerrard. Should he be burnt at the stake for that?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TheAuthority said:

"Going out of his way" is an odd way to put it.

Yes, it was an egregiously poor appointment and I was desperate for Stevie Me to be sacked even long before many on here were. He was completely out of his depth. But, the situation has been rectified. Purslow was also part of the team running Villa that got us promoted and kept us in the PL. Now look at us challenging for Europe!

He was wrong on Gerrard. Should he be burnt at the stake for that?

Yes. The reason being his motivations for the appointment were all about him and Stevie G and nothing about AVFC. Stuff like backslapping players on the touch line and his determination to hog the limelight are more evidence that his personal interests are always his main motivation. People who praise him up for representing the club at FA meetings need to remember that that sort of thing was classic Ellis. 

I read a comment that people go to him and not to the CEO of clubs like Brighton etc.  That’s entirely because he’s the CEO of Aston Villa not because he’s Christian Purslow. For what it’s worth I’d love to see a CEO at AVFC with the talent of whoever has been running Brighton, a relatively small club punching way above their weight. 

Â