Christian Purslow

villan-scott

4 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I believe he is a Liverpool fan so it’s not going to be easy sacking arguably their greatest ever player. He is going to have to do it though, it’s a matter of time so the sooner he grows a pair, the better. 

He owns a share of AVFC and NSWE are the gravy train he bought a ticket to be on.

However much he thinks he loves Liverplop and Stevie G, he loves his retirement fund more.

He will sack Slippy once he has a replacement ready to be announced. Purslow knows he made a mistake. I think he'll be more determined than ever to get the next one right. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ozvilla28 said:

Like I said there was lack of process and planning with the appointment it was like Steven and thats it very little due diligence.

The owners were involved in hiring SG though and would have known what had and hadn’t been done. They interviewed him. They won’t hold Purslow entirely accountable even if it was his recommendation. 

3 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

The owners were involved in hiring SG........ 

You like to make these kind of statements as if they're fact.

Please share with us your connection to those who are working at the club and willingly share this info with you.

3 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

You like to make these kind of statements as if they're fact.

Please share with us your connection to those who are working at the club and willingly share this info with you.

Wind your attitude in…it was widely reported at the time and Purslow has spoken about it since. 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, lexicon said:

So, in terms of black marks for Purslow:

- Firing Smith

- Even interviewing Frank **** Lampard

- Hiring Gerrard 

- Holding on to Gerrard too long

I loved Smith but firing him was probably the right decision at the time. We'd lost 5 in a row, I like to think he'd have turned it around but our form had been awful since January, it was fair.

Interviewing Lampard (is this true?) I'm not sure you can hold against him, it's an interview and he wasn't successful.

Hiring Gerrard, yes.

Holding too long, TBC but probably yes.

For me, Purslows issues are that he appears (I have no evidence) to be too involved on the football side. He's heavily invested in Gerrard, who is a mistake anyway, some signings (Ings) appear to be signed by Purslow for PR with no plan as to how they fit and the club suffers.

But I don't think many of those things you mention can be held against him.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HalfTimePost said:

I loved Smith but firing him was probably the right decision at the time. We'd lost 5 in a row, I like to think he'd have turned it around but our form had been awful since January, it was fair.

Interviewing Lampard (is this true?) I'm not sure you can hold against him, it's an interview and he wasn't successful.

Hiring Gerrard, yes.

Holding too long, TBC but probably yes.

For me, Purslows issues are that he appears (I have no evidence) to be too involved on the football side. He's heavily invested in Gerrard, who is a mistake anyway, some signings (Ings) appear to be signed by Purslow for PR with no plan as to how they fit and the club suffers.

But I don't think many of those things you mention can be held against him.

Can see your point with Smith, though I would have given him more time personally.

Re: Lampard, it was clear as day at that time that he was a poor manager. Perhaps it was just a case of keeping his agent sweet/doing him a favour, though.

58 minutes ago, El-Reacho said:

Wonder will Bournemouth sacking Parker give Purslow a bit of confidence that he can ditch Gerrard now without being seen as not giving him enough of a chance by SG’s media mates.

Nope. He will use it as a yard stick to say ‘see, bournemouth changed their manager and it didn’t help at all’.

Nevermind the fact that Bournemouth were relegated the minute they came up.

8 hours ago, Villa Gaffa said:

The club can sack Gerrard via a statement without Purslow saying anything. Without a dramatic turn around it will have to happen.

All Purslow has to do is stay out of the media for a while when it happens and Gerrard gets a pay out.  Its football ! It happens ! Move on !

He will be on Sky 20 minutes after the announcement heartbroken like a kid who lost his puppy but he will still get his media moment

Just now, Steero113 said:

Keep clutching at those straws buddy. 

So you think an open session 2 weeks before the start of the season with a guy leaving for a record fee as centre of attention sitting on a bench was good?

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â