Anwar El Ghazi

Villan4Life

Thought he tried today but lacked some quality at times. However the penalty was very well taken, ice cold if you will, considering the delay in taking it..

1 minute ago, Strog said:

Thought he tried today but lacked some quality at times. However the penalty was very well taken, ice cold if you will, considering the delay in taking it..

Their keeper was hilarious. Thinking he was the big man giving it out on the penalty spot. So glad it went in.

Whatever I think of El Ghazi, the man knows his way around the penalty spot!

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Their keeper was hilarious. Thinking he was the big man giving it out on the penalty spot. So glad it went in.

Yeah their keeper was a bit of a tool. That said many a penalty taker would have screwed up but not Anwar..

• Like 1

Showed some extra hustle yesterday which is great to see. I was thinking earlier on that we might want to cash in on him this summer, but he is a useful arrow to have in the quiver, especially when players get injured. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Not stupid. 3 times Young player a disguised pass to him and 3 times it either went out of play or we lose possession because this dunce had his finger up his arse.

I like Anwar but you are not wrong. 

Edited by ciggiesnbeer

The good thing about playing him is it keeps him in the shop window. 

I still really hope we can get a decent price for him this summer and either spend it on a top quality left winger to replace Grealish or use the funds on a defensive midfielder. 

9 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Not stupid. 3 times Young player a disguised pass to him and 3 times it either went out of play or we lose possession because this dunce had his finger up his arse.

One of those occasions Young apologised as he played it too short and it went out of play.

• Like 2

Never understood peoples problems with Anwar.

He had a poor first half but was much better in the second half, and his improvement noticeably came after the penalty when the fans were singing his name.

He's not going to be our first choice on the left wing this season; but as a backup winger he is more than enough and has goals in him. People bang on about selling him, but if we had we currently wouldn't have a left winger available in the squad.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

Never understood peoples problems with Anwar.

He had a poor first half but was much better in the second half, and his improvement noticeably came after the penalty when the fans were singing his name.

He's not going to be our first choice on the left wing this season; but as a backup winger he is more than enough and has goals in him. People bang on about selling him, but if we had we currently wouldn't have a left winger available in the squad.

That’s why we need to get one! Sell him and use the money to upgrade, or play JPB.

I just think he offers very little apart from the odd penalty. 

Villa are very good at signing players but not so good at selling them. We need to be moving El Ghazi and Nakamba on and levelling up in their position. 

32 minutes ago, jim said:

One of those occasions Young apologised as he played it too short and it went out of play.

30 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Yeh, that definitely wasn’t Anwars fault! Was poor pass from Young.

I honestly think Ash was being polite with that one, AEG is not great off the ball, one of my pet peevs with him, he has many attributes , enough to be a mid/bottom half prem player but we are outgrowing him.

Back to that pass, AEG off the ball doesn't understand lines, he is often caught in positions that make him a tough option, with that pass, the line was too tight and easy to intercept, he needs to adjust his position to receive Ash's pass, something he never does, he just doesn't see it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

Thought he did some pretty good things yesterday.  He miscontrolled one pass but got back on it and squared a good ball for a chance in the first half. 

Had a really good touch  when the ball came into his feet with back to goal and defender behind him, he opened his body go one way and then lost his defender going the other way.

Was never gonna miss the penalty.

He's a scapegoat for a lot of things, but I'll always appreciate him.

Matty Cash and Ramsey also had a few bad touches and lost the ball etc, but the reaction is never as vehemently negative as when El Ghazi does it.

We have some strange and shitty fans.

He’s not a scapegoat. He plays poorly in nearly every single match he plays. How does that make him a scapegoat? 

When players like Cash and Ramsey make a mistake, fans are more understanding because they usually play well or they’re young (in the case of Ramsey).

When it comes to AEG, our fans are just fed up of watching him putting in terrible performance after terrible performance.

Its really easy to point the finger at our fans and call them ‘shitty’, but I can see why they’re frustrated with El Ghazi. I’ve found him hugely frustrating for 3 years now. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

Thought he did some pretty good things yesterday.  He miscontrolled one pass but got back on it and squared a good ball for a chance in the first half. 

Had a really good touch  when the ball came into his feet with back to goal and defender behind him, he opened his body go one way and then lost his defender going the other way.

Was never gonna miss the penalty.

He's a scapegoat for a lot of things, but I'll always appreciate him.

Matty Cash and Ramsey also had a few bad touches and lost the ball etc, but the reaction is never as vehemently negative as when El Ghazi does it.

We have some strange and shitty fans.

I was fuming that he was going to take it even knowing he would smash it, my reason was that I think Ings could be in with a shot for the golden Boot and that was a gimme for him too, he's a great penalty taker and I don't think AEG will be 1st choice when we are at full strength. So -1 for ings GB tally.

I think most of us really like AEG, he is good at a lot but seems to struggle with certain things and doesn't seem to be improving on them. Good squad player for me though unless a really good offer comes in.

1 minute ago, Delphinho123 said:

He’s not a scapegoat. He plays poorly in nearly every single match he plays. How does that make him a scapegoat? 

When players like Cash and Ramsey make a mistake, fans are more understanding because they usually play well or they’re young (in the case of Ramsey).

When it comes to AEG, our fans are just fed up of watching him putting in terrible performance after terrible performance.

Its really easy to point the finger at our fans and call them ‘shitty’, but I can see why they’re frustrated with El Ghazi. I’ve found him hugely frustrating for 3 years now. 

I don't think he does play poorly in nearly every single game.

I don't think Ramsey usually plays that well, i think yesterday was probably his second best game for us.  

Cash, fair enough, I'm a big fan.

I still think he gets unfairly negative reactions for making the same mistakes as others.

I could have said McGinn, as he went through a particularly poor patch (and has done on several occasions), but he's still firmly a fan favourite.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

I agree, despite all his faults on the pitch we do have a perfect penalty taker since his arrival at the club,that is a heck of an achievement is it not?

The Keeper who puts a stop to his 100% record is going to be thrilled.

Imagine if Ghazi went on scoring penalty with his record in place till his 30s, it would be like undertaker winning at wrestlemania  🤣

Edited by Dave-R

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â