John McGinn

PompeyVillan

On 23/09/2024 at 08:27, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Nice sentiment, I agree and hope this is indeed the case...

It's possible but he loves playing football, think he'd rather drop a level to get game time. Also could probably see him playing for that horrible green Scottish club at some point in the next few years!

Yes that’s something I hadn’t thought of. Saying that, if we can stay in the top 7 regularly then he may be more than happy with the game time he gets, and prefer to stay where he can win meaningful trophies!

That’s bad news. Although if you are going to miss 8 weeks of a season, now is the time to do it. Half of that time will be international breaks, so won’t miss as many league games as he would otherwise. 

6 hours ago, WallisFrizz said:

At least 8 weeks according to the article??! That’s actually a disaster. We will really miss him with the amount of games we have coming up. 

Barry Glendenning has better credentials as a pub bore than a journalist. I wouldn't put too much stock in his diagnosis.

“But, analysing his performances before his injury, he needed to improve and needed to increase his performance. And we were working with him in his focus to increase it.

Now being injured, of course, stay calm, work to recover as soon as possible and hopefully we can work on the things he was not doing like he was in the last two years.Trying to fit better and getting his performances better for him and the team when he comes back.”

Sheesh quite forthright words about Mcggins performance this season. Basically stating the injury might benefit him more..

2 minutes ago, Alakagom said:

“But, analysing his performances before his injury, he needed to improve and needed to increase his performance. And we were working with him in his focus to increase it.

Now being injured, of course, stay calm, work to recover as soon as possible and hopefully we can work on the things he was not doing like he was in the last two years.Trying to fit better and getting his performances better for him and the team when he comes back.”

Sheesh quite forthright words about Mcggins performance this season. Basically stating the injury might benefit him more..

Was going to post this - nothing sentimental with Unai!! Like a gun dog, once they get a bit long in they tooth its a bullet to the back of the head! Every one will be looking over their shoulder, its a very healthy position for the club, the mentality is night and day to what it was 2 or 3 seasons ago.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Alakagom said:

Some people on here was saying King Unai would never drop his captain… I think they may have underestimated his will to win! McGinn’s performances haven’t really been great this season (Young Boys excepted) so I completely agree with him here. He needs a rest and a reset.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â