John McGinn

PompeyVillan

It’s not just his skills and performances on the pitch.., his character, presence, personality and leadership are massive for us. These things can be ignored but team spirit, unity and a positive or harmonious environment are massive and so important.. John is a huge element of that. Funny, loyal, lovable, dedicated, humble and professional… just a top bloke all round 💜💙

We have a few of those, it’s important.

Edited by Jas10
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Pinebro said:

I think some people will agree with you and some will disagree with you

I think there is a conversation to be had.

As I've said if the end game is trophies I am still not sure McGinn is at a level to get us through that

SJM has won trophies with every club he has been associated with.  I am still hoping Villa have what it takes to fulfil his ambition.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Stockbridgehibby said:

SJM has won trophies with every club he has been associated with.  I am still hoping Villa have what it takes to fulfil his ambition.

You must be so impressed with his career progression and development…always saw him a a future captain/leader?

4 hours ago, Jas10 said:

You must be so impressed with his career progression and development…always saw him a a future captain/leader?

Yes indeed.  I’m not daft: I know there’s a massive difference between the Scottish leagues and where he is now. But you can only play what’s with you and in front of you. My point was that McGinn rose to the challenge for St Mirren and Hibs in both cup finals, just as he did for Villa in the play off.  As a Villa fan since the days of Cropley and Bremner I am loving watching them now and am genuinely excited by all the new talent.  I hope SJM continues to be a part of it. UTV, GGTTH

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Stockbridgehibby said:

Yes indeed.  I’m not daft: I know there’s a massive difference between the Scottish leagues and where he is now. But you can only play what’s with you and in front of you. My point was that McGinn rose to the challenge for St Mirren and Hibs in both cup finals, just as he did for Villa in the play off.  As a Villa fan since the days of Cropley and Bremner I am loving watching them now and am genuinely excited by all the new talent.  I hope SJM continues to be a part of it. UTV, GGTT

Going to be featuring in the Champions League now!! 😃

Saw an interesting tactical breakdown that was saying McGinn provided a key function in terms of the press and tucking in to free up space for Digne and Maatsen. 

He’s selfless and also tactically astute/disciplined. A vital member of Unai’s project!

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, rodders129 said:

Saw an interesting tactical breakdown that was saying McGinn provided a key function in terms of the press and tucking in to free up space for Digne and Maatsen. 

He’s selfless and also tactically astute/disciplined. A vital member of Unai’s project!

McGinn is crucial wherever he plays - I think one of Emery's first new contracts issued was McGinn, it was really quick.

Very intelligent and switched on out of possession is the wee round man.

9 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Our man. El Capitain. I would walk 500 miles for this man. 

And I would walk 500 more

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 21/08/2024 at 00:23, Captain_Townsend said:

Mings and McGinn. Agree with that.

Think of Villa and you think of them both!!!  They’re very important to our team spirit and have the necessary conection to the club and fans. Very important if and when the chips are down and our backs are against the wall. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â