John McGinn

PompeyVillan

2 hours ago, thabucks said:

Will he still be captain and where does he now stand in the pecking order … Think Martinez should be captain and be interesting if someone came in with a bid what we would do given it's pure profit… 

Unai is not going to dump his captain who hasnt let him down. He isnt like the scumbag he replaced

• Like 2

In terms of where I see him fitting in next season, I much prefer 'rotating as one of the attacking three' Super John to 'ever-present in central midfield because Kamara is injured' Super John.

He needs a bit of a general rest after playing so much football over the last 18 months and I think easing into the the start of the next season will be best. One of the many reasons I'm delighted with the Onana signing.

• Like 3

21 hours ago, thabucks said:

Will he still be captain 

Yes undoubtedly. Unai isn’t stupid, he won’t mess around with the captaincy when it’s very settled. Doesn’t mean he’s guarantee starter (albeit I think he will).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 18/07/2024 at 23:46, mikeyp102 said:

Seems the forgotten man at the moment when we’re all selecting our strongest teams. But you can guarantee he’ll come fighting back and make himself a starter. 

It's certainly going to be a challenge. We are now stacked in midfield. 

On 14/07/2024 at 06:16, thabucks said:

Will he still be captain and where does he now stand in the pecking order … Think Martinez should be captain and be interesting if someone came in with a bid what we would do given it's pure profit… 

Still referred to as skipper in todays Insta post so I reckon his captaincy is pretty safe.

• Like 1

On 13/07/2024 at 23:16, thabucks said:

Unai isn't dumb enough to create any fuss over the captaincy. If McGinn was dropped, someone takes it, if McGinn starts, he has it. No fuss and no attracting attention over it.

• Like 1

Didn't realise the chubby little hero was back in training.

He'll have a right battle keeping hold of the shirt, but I back him to work his bollocks off trying.

Expect he'll start the season in that right-side position.

On 19/07/2024 at 10:46, mikeyp102 said:

Seems the forgotten man at the moment when we’re all selecting our strongest teams. But you can guarantee he’ll come fighting back and make himself a starter. 

First name on the team sheet for me still

• Like 2

On 18/07/2024 at 23:46, mikeyp102 said:

He'll remain starting, don't worry about it.

Would be shocked if it's anything other than Tielemans-Onana-SJM for West Ham (injuries permitting).

On 20/07/2024 at 10:14, mjmooney said:

It's certainly going to be a challenge. We are now stacked in midfield. 

That’s what makes a good and competitive squad, plenty of competition in most of not all positions. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â