John McGinn

PompeyVillan

7 hours ago, YLN said:

That was a great interview. Haven't heard a player speak honestly and with personality for a long long time.

He gives the complete opposite of the media trained robotic responses you generally get from pro footballers.  I don't even blame them, speaking ain't their thing and that's fine. Talking to the media should be a choice but you get the impression it's an obligation and what you hear reflects that.

Whereas McGinn is actually a good speaker with a personality. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, troon_villan said:

He gives the complete opposite of the media trained robotic responses you generally get from pro footballers.  I don't even blame them, speaking ain't their thing and that's fine. Talking to the media should be a choice but you get the impression it's an obligation and what you hear reflects that.

Whereas McGinn is actually a good speaker with a personality. 

To be fair... pundits and sports journalist do tend to ask the most stupid, generic and rhetorical questions.

The sum of an interview is also usually them asking said question in different ways as well.

• Like 1

On 02/10/2023 at 10:53, MakemineVanilla said:

I keep watching McGinn's part in Villa's build-up to the opening goal - the weight of the pass to Cash is absolute and total perfection.

Add that to his assist for Watkins' hattrick goal and he was in with a shout for man of the match.

About two minutes before, it was as if he just said ‘f&ck this’ and started busting a gut to break through the middle. It was like he was possessed. 

• Like 2

5 years in. I hope he stays for the next 5 and then gets a testimonial against Celtic at VP to remind them what they missed out on for £700k . 

Mr Aston Villa. He loves the club but also more importantly he respects it on a deeper level. Not about him. All about his team that he captains . I have a real feeling that his header is going to go down as the key moment in our season. 

Oh yeah and he yet again showed how strong he is. That 50/50 in front of the dugout was superb. Pound for pound our strongest player on a football pitch . More cannon ball than meatball. 

• Like 3

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â