John McGinn

PompeyVillan

20 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

to be fair, he wasnt exactly setting the league alight before he got injured, the first few games he was good, but he plateaued a bit before his injury.

Hopefully he will raise his level a bit, but all that aside, his work rate and never give up attitude will be priceless for us, we definitely missed his work rate and terrier like attitude, regardless of anything else.

We missed his work rate and tenacity in our midfield, no doubt about that, hopefully he can spur a few other players to at least pretend they are trying :P

I agree, but whats sad is that half a John McGinn would have been better than some of our recent midfielders displays.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I agree, but whats sad is that half a John McGinn would have been better than some of our recent midfielders displays.

ye, cant disagree with that.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, M_Afro said:

You are doing well to think of 2 or 3. I genuinely can’t think of one. It’s our biggest weakness 

Down hill, wind assisted of course 😉

• Haha 1

On 08/03/2020 at 09:41, nick76 said:

Down hill, wind assisted of course 😉

Guilbert, El Ghazi, Grealish (especially with the ball), Samatta, Mings & Targett are all above average pace for their positions, I would say.

But individual pace isn't the issue. Pace that we play at as a team is. And getting caught flat footed and out out of position makes us look slower than we are. Don't get me wrong, we could use more pace.

If we relying on McGinn coming back to keep us up, then that’s not a good scenario in my opinion. He is a very good player but he’s not Pele or Beckenbauer, he’ll work hard and pop up with a few goals and assists. We paid £3m for him from the Scottish league from Hibernian. It’s like deja vu from last season when Grealish came back from injury and along with Mings got us promoted. McGinn has adapted to the Premier League very well, having him back will seem like a new signing

3 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

If we relying on McGinn coming back to keep us up, then that’s not a good scenario in my opinion.

We're not relying on him. We're just looking forward to having a very good player back in the squad.

It looks like our survival could go down to very very fine margins.

Having a player of McGinn's quality in the squad who could turn a defeat into a draw or a draw into a victory could well be the difference between staying up and going down.

he doesn't have to be Beckenbauer to contribute to a Villa result.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

We're not relying on him. We're just looking forward to having a very good player back in the squad.

It looks like our survival could go down to very very fine margins.

Having a player of McGinn's quality in the squad who could turn a defeat into a draw or a draw into a victory could well be the difference between staying up and going down.

he doesn't have to be Beckenbauer to contribute to a Villa result.

I think you are correct

For people saying he won't be the saviour, well yes, he won't. But he'd be a huge improvement over Hourihane or Drinkwater in that midfield, and even Douglas at this point. Both in attack and defence. His energy and ability to win the second balls will be invaluable as well as being on the same wavelength as Jack and being able to be a threat going forward as well.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Keyblade said:

For people saying he won't be the saviour, well yes, he won't. But he'd be a huge improvement over Hourihane or Drinkwater in that midfield, and even Douglas at this point. Both in attack and defence. His energy and ability to win the second balls will be invaluable as well as being on the same wavelength as Jack and being able to be a threat going forward as well.

He really struggled in the the 6 weeks or so leading up to his injury.

Then when he left the field we saw the horror of what actual bad performances from bad players looked like :lol:

I'm looking forward to seeing him back. Hope he's not told to do that thing when he basically hangs around up front and leaves our midfield open again. He probably will.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Then when he left the field we saw the horror of what actual bad performances from bad players looked like :lol:

I'm looking forward to seeing him back. Hope he's not told to do that thing when he basically hangs around up front and leaves our midfield open again. He probably will.

He was struggling for 5 or 6 matches because he tore his thigh playing for Scotland and was having injections just to get through training. Even playing through the pain at obviously 50% he was still never worse than a 7/10. So we haven't seen a 100% fit McGinn since about October time.

1 hour ago, Tomaszk said:

Yeah I want the midfield dynamo McGinn not the Scottish Riquelme he thought he was lol

The postponement of all elite football until 3 April gives this man the opportunity to fully regain match sharpness which can only be a good thing for us I think. We’ve missed him an awful lot in my opinion, his enthusiasm and willingness to work spreads throughout the team when he plays 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

The postponement of all elite football until 3 April gives this man the opportunity to fully regain match sharpness which can only be a good thing for us I think. We’ve missed him an awful lot in my opinion, his enthusiasm and willingness to work spreads throughout the team when he plays 

We've got to be one of the luckiest clubs in the world. This might save both us, and Deano!

• Like 2

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â