John McGinn

PompeyVillan

On 03/03/2019 at 14:52, Farlz said:

You don't change the team after that win so for me McGinn has to start on the bench. Bring him on at around 60 minutes and just have him running at tired legs. 

Pep does,

On 03/03/2019 at 15:52, Farlz said:

You don't change the team after that win 

1 hour ago, colhint said:

Pep does,

It's not really comparable, is it? One manager has an embarrassment of riches at his disposal, not to mention having had three years to bring in the players he wants and coach the squad; the other took over a lopsided and threadbare squad in October with a Keystone Cops defence, key players injured, fit midfielders looking like pieces belonging to different jigsaw puzzles.

But yeah, Pep does...

• Like 2

Interesting. Started as LW at St Mirren and got moved to LB before ending up CM

Did someone on here say he's been training at LB?

Could fix a problem with Hause joining Mings at CB but both left footed but what choice have we got until Chester fit?

4 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

Interesting. Started as LW at St Mirren and got moved to LB before ending up CM

Did someone on here say he's been training at LB?

Could fix a problem with Hause joining Mings at CB but both left footed but what choice have we got until Chester fit?

we're a bit short this weekend with injuries so i imagine it'll be a choice between jedinak at cb with hause LB, or hause CB and mcginn LB...i know which i'd prefer

55 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

we're a bit short this weekend with injuries so i imagine it'll be a choice between jedinak at cb with hause LB, or hause CB and mcginn LB...i know which i'd prefer

I mean if we want to play players in the correct position, it would make sense to play Taylor at LB and Mings and Hause at CB. I understand that means we have to play Taylor but at least it's his natural position.

1 hour ago, daggy_333 said:

I mean if we want to play players in the correct position, it would make sense to play Taylor at LB and Mings and Hause at CB. I understand that means we have to play Taylor but at least it's his natural position.

i believe taylor is out...if i'm wrong, then yes i agree with you

He would be brilliant at left back.

For this match, bearing in mind performances at the weekend, that's the correct selection for me.

He's probably too good in centre mid at the moment for us to be there long term, but I'd love to see it v Blues.

I think that's unlikely tbh. Smith has stuck with Taylor through some frankly horrid performances week after week. That was with McGinn centre mid tho...

36 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

No no no. McGinn must start in midfield. They've old legs in midfield. Let's get amongst them.

I would yes. However, looking at options available, McGinn at LB with same middle three as Derby is stronger than Taylor LB and McGinn in for Hourihane.

McGinn has all the tools to be an incredible left back. He's so good it's a waste for us long-term. A handy left back is easier to find than a handy centre mid.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

Changed the game today when he came on, provided so much energy in the middle of the pitch.

Yep, 100% this. 

Gave us far more presence going forward and around their box, instrumental in the goal, cracking player and not one who can be left on the bench. 

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â