Ørjan Nyland

Jareth

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Good for him I wish it would work out but for me he is still a bumbling keeper thats too weak.  Watch him drop another clanger next week and cost us. That sums him up one exceptional well then a diabolical the next.

Personally I don't think he has made a clanger under the Dean Smith era. 5 clean sheets in 12 games isnt bad.

I don't class getting beat at your near post with a deflected shot or having the ball punched out of your hands a clanger. There's no other moments that come to mind in the last 12 games.

He made a good few mistakes under Bruce though that people just won't forgive, he's not great but he certainly isnt as bad as people think and to have the transfer thread retitled was just childish. 

3 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

What a load of garbage. Remind me, how many points has he cost us with his blunders again?

Well you're the one claiming he has so it should be you doing the reminding not me. If you list them all I bet it ain't even a fraction of the figure you have imagined in your head

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Every dog has his day, he was poor at everything part from the penalty save but boy what an important save and he deserves all the credit in the world for it. However, he's beyond the pale on balance and is rightly being replaced come Jan.

Nope. Mostly good all round today.

2 minutes ago, Junxs said:

Personally I don't think he has made a clanger under the Dean Smith era. 5 clean sheets in 12 games isnt bad.

I don't class getting beat at your near post with a deflected shot or having the ball punched out of your hands a clanger. There's no other moments that come to mind in the last 12 games.

He made a good few mistakes under Bruce though that people just won't forgive, he's not great but he certainly isnt as bad as people think and to have the transfer thread retitled was just childish. 

The Albion one was very much a clanger, a good keeper takes the ball before Rodriguez gets anywahere handling it.

He has dropped crosses, fumbled shots, never left his line and not put the defence at ease. 

He is a terrible keeper. 

He may have done well today (I’ve not seen), but smith has acted quickly to rid us of him 

18 minutes ago, Junxs said:

You seem to have forgotten Joe Lolley’s goal for a start. 

His mistakes have continued under Smith but feel free to kid yourself in order to try and score points against people, I don’t think anyone is going to agree with you.

As for renaming the transfer thread, I did it. Childish? Perhaps but it was more a reflection of the fact almost every single post in it at that time was saying we needed a keeper. That the thread read that way also suggests your suggestion about the last 12 games isn’t shared by many.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

The Albion one was very much a clanger, a good keeper takes the ball before Rodriguez gets anywahere handling it.

If the keeper has both hands on the ball a player is not even allowed to kick it or head it out of his hands, let alone punch it out of his hands. Regardless of whether or not you think he should have taken the ball before Rodriguez gets anywhere near it - The referee should follow the laws of the game. That can't be classed as a clanger. Its like saying Lampard should have scored against Germany in the world cup when the ball clearly crossed the line but the officials didnt give it; and then giving Lampard abuse for not scoring. Its just silly.

He has dropped crosses, fumbled shots, never left his line and not put the defence at ease. 

I think you are seeing what you want to see because you already made your mind up many moons ago that....

He is a terrible keeper. 

4 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

You seem to have forgotten the Forest game.

There's no point making the case. He has made scores of errors this season and has let in more soft goals than any keeper I've ever seen play for us. If people can't see it's because they are utterly clueless about football, it's as simple as that.

6 minutes ago, Junxs said:

If the keeper has both hands on the ball a player is not even allowed to kick it or head it out of his hands, let alone punch it out of his hands. Regardless of whether or not you think he should have taken the ball before Rodriguez gets anywhere near it - The referee should follow the laws of the game. That can't be classed as a clanger. Its like saying Lampard should have scored against Germany in the world cup when the ball clearly crossed the line but the officials didnt give it; and then giving Lampard abuse for not scoring. Its just silly.

I think you are seeing what you want to see because you already made your mind up many moons ago that....

As others have alluded you are the one kidding yourself. 

There are more than enough errors in Nyland play for everyone to see. 

7 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

You seem to have forgotten Joe Lolley’s goal for a start. 

His mistakes have continued under Smith but feel free to kid yourself in order to try and score points against people, I don’t think anyone is going to agree with you.

As for renaming the transfer thread, I did it. Childish? Perhaps but it was more a reflection of the fact almost every single post in it at that time was saying we needed a keeper. That the thread read that way also suggests your suggestion about the last 12 games isn’t shared by many.

Score points? if that means standing up for one of our players that are receiving personal abuse like the posts I quoted.. then I'd rather "score points" than join in with the abuse thanks.

I won't bother debating about Nyland as it's obvious it wont get anywhere and just be a waste of everyones time.. besides my shift is almost over 🤣

maybe all along all he needed was competition for his shirt? He made a good diving save in the first half too.

Next time we need a keeper we should sign 2 at the same time. don't tell either who's going to be number 1. Give them both 98 and 99 squad numbers and let them battle it out.

Just now, Junxs said:

Score points? if that means standing up for one of our players that are receiving personal abuse like the posts I quoted.. then I'd rather "score points" than join in with the abuse thanks.

I won't bother debating about Nyland as it's obvious it wont get anywhere and just be a waste of everyones time.. besides my shift is almost over 🤣

Yes point score, it is exactly what you’ve been doing in my view. I called him a coward, strong word and harsh perhaps but I think he lacks the mental toughness required to play on England because he isn’t brave enough to come and take the ball as has been shown game after game.

That isn’t abuse, it is no different to Saying a player bottles tackles like Downing used to or saying a player lacks match intelligence like Hutton.

If you don’t want to see players criticised then a football forum for a side in its third season outside the top flight it should be secure in is always going to be challenging for you.

Based on you view that Nyland hasn’t made mistakes under Smith we can agree that there is no point in debating the player we worlds apart in our views. Besides he has already been replaced and will soon lose his place.

My commiseration I’m working Boxing Day and congratulations on effectively being paid to post on here! 

1 minute ago, screwdriver said:

maybe all along all he needed was competition for his shirt? He made a good diving save in the first half too.

Next time we need a keeper we should sign 2 at the same time. don't tell either who's going to be number 1. Give them both 98 and 99 squad numbers and let them battle it out.

That’s largely what we did in the summer and here we are signing another keeper.

I think the key is signing a decent one, let’s hope we have this time.

Just now, TrentVilla said:

That’s largely what we did in the summer and here we are signing another keeper.

I think the key is signing a decent one, let’s hope we have this time.

Trust me, based on that one game v England for Croatia, he looked amazing

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â