UFC/Pride/MMA

Gabby15

Tyrone Spong did a "Anderson Silva legkick" against Gokhan Saki in Glory Kickboxing. I'll refrain from a gif. Ouch :(

Good sportsmanship from Saki after the accident, genuine concern, fair play to him!

Fely sorry for Big Nog; don't know if anyone saw when he was coach on The Ultimate Fighter about five years ago and seemed a really genuine guy.

I guess the sport moves on though and Big Country has a weapon of a right-hand. Still don't think he can be a consistent challenge but he has a puncher's chance for sure!

Feel for Bisping, I guess been out for so long has made him a little ring-rusty.

That eye injury of his looks nasty, how did he get permission to fight?

A poor fight to watch though and very frustrating that his opponent elected to blanket him for so much of the fight, even Florian noted it on his commentary.

I can't see Bisping progressing to ever win the title.  His ground game is OK but not outstanding and although he has a decent jab he doesn't possess that one punch knock out power like some in the division.

Was very impressed with Werdum last night and he out skilled Travis Browne who looked knackered after 2 rounds!

Donald "Cowboy" Cerone deserves a mention aswell for an impressive finish of Barbosa.

Good to see Alves back, great war with "the Polish pistola". Disagree with the fight of the night though, that should have gone to Oritiz and Borg. That was a technical master-class and I though Borg won it, but it was close.

That Cerrone jab.....either the gloves are loaded or Barboza has a mighty weak chin. Good work to jump on the sub.

Donald+Cerrone+++vs.+++Edson+Barboza.gif

Nice debut for Alex White

Alex+White+++vs.+++Estevan+Payan.gif

And Magalhaes with a lovely bodypunch

Caio+Magalhaes+++vs.+++Luke+Zachrich.gif

Edited by Tegis

Jones at the weigh-ins flanked by his 2 brothers. NFL players are friggin huge. Absolutely dwarfed the light heavyweight.

Everybody made the grade, even Rumble :) , can't wait for tomorrow.

GREAT event. Rumble looked spectacular. Bones more or less toyed with Glover. Rockhold with a reverse triangle aided kimura. Miller, Holloway and Benavides  with a sick guillotines. Castillos vicious KO of Brenneman. Gomi and Vallie-Flagg rock"em"sock"em. And last but not least, The Chris Beal flying knee. Foooking hell!

lMlZ4WF.gif

DC.gif

00.gif

Joseph+Benavidez+++vs.+++Tim+Elliott.gif

TiredWeepyAmethystsunbird.gif

Jim+Miller+++vs.+++Yancy+Medeiros.gif

I would like to try some martial arts

This is where name-recognition comes in handy :) You'll probably get some free-to-try options at various grappling/striking gyms, whichever you prefer to try.

• Like 1

Strange isnt it, just how big he is in Dublin.  Its not as if he has been around the mainstream for ages.

It will be a fantastic atmosphere!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

TJ Dillashaw had an awesome performance vs Barao.

Can't believe how he dominated Barao for 5 rounds!

He absolutely spanked him from pillar to post. Unbelevable! Never in a million years did I think he would win, but to win in such a dominant fashion? WOW!

Â