UFC/Pride/MMA

Gabby15

Its in Jones' interest to fight as few legitimate contenders as possible. For some reason people (including whoever does the UFC rankings) think he's #1 p4p and his sponsors will be fairly insistent he stays there.

Also he knows that DC matches up well with Gus and handing Gus a loss at this point would buy him a few fights in a sparse division before a rematch.

His interest or not, it makes him a word removed and it edges the sport closer to boxing which we DON'T want. I hope Dana doesn't budge on this.

And all this assuming Teixeira doesn't take his head off, and that is a pretty big possibility.

Glover is an interesting one. My main worry is that the brain crushingly stupid training they seem to do at the Pit has made him chinny. He got rocked by Maldonado and Bader whereas 5 years ago he'd have eaten them shots for breakfast.

Edited by ArteSuave

Very entertaining title fight. Hendricks got the title he deserved last time out.

And despite Rogan's constant criticism, I thought Lombard dominated Shields very impressively. 100% takedown success and 100% takedown defence. He deserves the next shot over Rory IMO, Rory is on a 1 fight win streak and should fight Woodley for the next shot after that.

Ace title-fight but I'm bummed Lawler couldn't take it in the end. He was lighting Hendricks up from the 3rd round and well into the fifth. Then he got a bit rocked and the cardio went out the window. So friggin close. Big props to Hendricks for getting through that ass-whopping and take the final round with the punch and takedown. Worthy champ!

And an awesome Von Flue Choke by OSP! :)

osp.gif

Edited by Tegis

It's nice to see rarer submissions get hit but nobody should get VFd. Even if that choke wasn't possible, holding on to a guillotine when your opponent has passed to side control on the other side is just a waste of energy and basically occupies your arm for almost no benefit at all.

Krylov is young but I'd still expect more, especially with the amount of sub wins he has.

Hendricks deserved that to be honest because I thought he should've got the decision against GSP; it's a shame the UFC cared more for the legacy of him than calling fights accurately.

I echo the notion about Hector Lombard, that guy is a beast!

Loads of action yesterday.

Hendo was more or less gone and then lit the H-bomb again. RIP Ruas nose

shovhendo.gif  BjdUO-3CEAAdUSO.jpg

And then a couple of good ones.

Godofredo+Pepey+vs.+Noad+Lahat.gif

cb.gif

Ronny+Markes+vs.+Thiago+Santos.gif

Oh snap Mutante got starched! Maybe he'll try and learn some striking defence now.

I hate when two legends fight because one has to lose but those two made sure it was worth while again. I can't believe I was still surprised when Hendo's cartoonesque iron chin saved him for the 100th and 101st time. Glad this was on the Sunday so I didn't put any bets on, I'd have been slaughtered.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â