UFC/Pride/MMA

Gabby15

He's only not allowed to juice during his camp. He can still roid himself into an enlarged heart the rest of the year. Belfort without TRT is The one who crushed Martin, Lindland and Franklin. He's only slightly worse than TRT Victor and he's only pulled out of the fight because he's got to completely reschedule his cycles.

The rest of the division has a former LHW champ now in his natural weight class, the most athleticly gifted ADCC champ ever and the greatest fighter of all time making a seemingly impossibly quick recovery.

Silva is the big question, if he can come back it changes the division in my eyes.  However I have a bad feeling he will never be the same fighter.

As for the TRT this as far as Im aware this is now banned and thus will be checked for by testing after his fights.  If its in his system he will fail, no exceptions. This is how it works isnt it?

If true then it depends on how he takes his testosterone, if he injects he is in trouble. 

He'll just use like most other people do, off season. All of the extra training he's been able to do while on TRT can't be taken away. This is only applicable in Nevada as well at the minute. He might just get a title shot somewhere else.

Either way this takes a small amount of performance off one fighter at MW IMO. I'd say there are 3, maybe 4 middleweights in the top 15 p4p. That leaves MW more competitive than everything except LW, FW and BW.

Edit: WW is pretty stacked too.

Edited by ArteSuave

The rest will follow suit now Nevada has made the decision.

In terms of his training it will pointless if he is injecting, and Id bet a large amount that he is; It takes months to get that out of the system. Its not as if you can just carry on as you were when you were juiced.

He will pretty much have to go clean outside of his home, and Ill think that will hit him hard.  It will at least bring him down to the chasing pack.

As you say though, its only 1 fighter.  However if that fighter is one of the top 3, and another is already gone, it doesnt bode well.

I'd say there are 3, maybe 4 middleweights in the top 15 p4p.

Really?

Without Silva its 1 IMO.

I don't know why it would be without Silva seeing as he's talking about fighting again this year, but assuming it is;

Belfort pre TRT was a wrecking machine, only stopped by a prime AS and Machida won (and defended... technically) a title in a higher weight class and has gone undefeated and looks in the best physical shape of his career since dropping down.

Looking at the rankings, top 15 p4p IMO: LHW has 1, HW has 1, FW has 3 or 4, WW has 1 or 2, BW has 2, LW has 3. Obviously subjective.

Weidman, Silva and Belfort are solid top 10 p4p IMO.

RE TRT: The other commissions will follow suit regarding not grant TUEs but the testing will still be sparse and inadequate. They're still using piss tests AFAIK. Also the effects of PEDs aren't just acute, they're cumulative. He's had several years of impossibly (naturally) intense camps to improve his skills.

Arte if you think Belfort is going to be anywhere near the fighter he was I think you are underestimating how much of an advantage the drugs were giving him.

Remember that he was on his way out at the end of 2012 before his 'therapy' started, and he was obviously younger then too.

Silva is the X factor in the division, if he can get back to the top then its fantastic for the class. If.

Hathaway got KTFO by Kim yesterday which puts him on a two fight KO streak. Never thought that would be the case after his last 10 fights before these two.

Quite the fighters as well in silva and Hathaway. I love this new stun gun. Good showing from the Brummie Vaughan Lee as well

John_Hathaway_vs._Dong_Hyun_Kim_ktfo.gif

Remember that he was on his way out at the end of 2012 before his 'therapy' started, and he was obviously younger then too.

He was on his way out when he nearly subbed Jon Jones? Right after his domination of AJ (who had a 12lb advantage)? Hardly.

Before TRT he went 5-2, with 5 impressive stoppage wins against quality opposition and two losses to Anderson Silva and Jon Jones.

He has always been on drugs throughout his entire career and will continue to be, the only difference TRT made was that he could just taper down usage rather than having to cycle off. Until NSAC decide to use CIR testing rather than easily passable TE piss tests he can pretty much juice to his heart's content.

He was on his way out when he nearly subbed Jon Jones? Right after his domination of AJ (who had a 12lb advantage)? Hardly.

Before TRT he went 5-2, with 5 impressive stoppage wins against quality opposition and two losses to Anderson Silva and Jon Jones.

When he moved up to fight 'quality opposition' he lost twice in a row. This includes a one armed Jones, as you mentioned.

The proof will be in the pudding when he next fights, outside of Brasil of course!

Edited by Nigel

Hathaway got KTFO by Kim yesterday which puts him on a two fight KO streak. Never thought that would be the case after his last 10 fights before these two.

Quite the fighters as well in silva and Hathaway. I love this new stun gun. Good showing from the Brummie Vaughan Lee as well

John_Hathaway_vs._Dong_Hyun_Kim_ktfo.gif

Agree, its like he has had a total mindset change. 'Sod this grappling lark!'

When he moved up to fight 'quality opposition' he lost twice in a row. This includes a one armed Jones, as you mentioned.

The proof will be in the pudding when he next fights, outside of Brasil of course!

Brazil has banned TRT as well

Brazil has banned TRT as well

Fair play to them, I didnt think they would follow suit so quickly.  Looks like Hendo will be the last, what are the odds on that being his farewell fight.

Moved up to fight quality opposition? So only top 10 p4p fighters who've dominated their divisions for years are quality? That is nonsense.

He didn't fight a one armed Jones either. He fought a two armed Jones and **** one of his arms up. Massive difference.

Hopefully they put some adverts on for it.

RE Hendo: It's not unthinkable that this could be his last fight but I doubt it. He's recently signed a 6 fight deal and being TRTless didn't seem to affect his performance against Evans too badly (or at all, really).

That reminds me that he stopped his TRT six weeks out for that fight when he didn't get a TUE and passed all tests without a problem. Considering UFC 173 is months away that should make it pretty clear that Vitor isn't just pulling out because his TRT would cause a failed test or because its not enough time adjust to being TRTless.

Good god. The Channel 5 presentation is pretty atrocious. I thought they would just a have a delayed version of the usual product, but it's far from that! Only the top 2 fights on the card as well. A shame for anyone who is watching Ufc for the first time.

Apart from guillard and johnson, it was a quality night. Alex is fooking brillant. Drunk and on my arse but happy as a pig in a mudhole

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â