World Cup 2026: Mexico, USA & Canada

Junxs

2 hours ago, sne said:

2 years to go but they have a lot of work to do if they aim to make sure this isn't a complete clown show.

The pitches are awful.

Public transportation to venues is going to be awful.

I've no clue who is to blame for Miami yesterday, but I know somebody's ass is in a sling. USSF had no running of this show, this was all CONMEBOL's gig, but that stadium has hosted Super Bowls, there is absolutely the infrastructure for hosting sellouts of marquee events. Insufficient ticketing and security staff (seeing people climb in via air vents is a new one on me, I gotta admit).

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Zatman said:

It doesnt look like have chosen times yet. Probably be 5pm/8pm and 11pm UK kickoff times like they did in Brazil

Thanks.

Thats too bad then. Its the 5-7am games ergh worst

48 minutes ago, Spoony said:

Well it looks like they’re not even close to being able to host a World Cup…

I know you guys weren't there, but 1994 still happened.

Please be from the UK or this tease falls flat

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Tegis said:

I know you guys weren't there, but 1994 still happened.

Please be from the UK or this tease falls flat

Diana Ross Penalty on Make a GIF

We'll never forget.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, 479Villan said:

The pitches are awful.

I've no clue who is to blame for Miami yesterday, but I know somebody's ass is in a sling. USSF had no running of this show, this was all CONMEBOL's gig, but that stadium has hosted Super Bowls, there is absolutely the infrastructure for hosting sellouts of marquee events. Insufficient ticketing and security staff (seeing people climb in via air vents is a new one on me, I gotta admit).

What about the thousands without tickets who showed up and bum rushed the place? They have agency, yet many people act as if they have a hall pass for all sorts of violent, antisocial behavior simply because they are ⚽️ supporters. As if the game works them into such a frenzy they can no longer be expected to act like semi-rational human beings. No other fan base in sports, music, etc. gets cut this much slack worldwide 

I am not a fan of law enforcement, not by a mile, but at some point ⚽️ supporters have to take some accountability for their behavior 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Will games be at 7am ? Wont be much fun for us if so 

During the Japan/Korea one we watched in the pub over FEBs and pints, before going into work.  😊

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Nor-Cal Villan said:

What about the thousands without tickets who showed up and bum rushed the place? They have agency, yet many people act as if they have a hall pass for all sorts of violent, antisocial behavior simply because they are ⚽️ supporters. As if the game works them into such a frenzy they can no longer be expected to act like semi-rational human beings. No other fan base in sports, music, etc. gets cut this much slack worldwide 

I am not a fan of law enforcement, not by a mile, but at some point ⚽️ supporters have to take some accountability for their behavior 

Like I said, I don't know who's to blame. I hear a bunch of different narratives right now (USSF is to blame, CONMEBOL is to blame, the cops are to blame, the fans are to blame) and it needs to be investigated to figure it out.

2 minutes ago, 479Villan said:

Like I said, I don't know who's to blame. I hear a bunch of different narratives right now (USSF is to blame, CONMEBOL is to blame, the cops are to blame, the fans are to blame) and it needs to be investigated to figure it out.

Understood. I am not saying that any single entity is to blame. I am just saying that, as often happens, unruly (and that’s being extremely diplomatic) fans are often left receiving no blame or criticism, as if they are a protected class. 

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

During the Japan/Korea one we watched in the pub over FEBs and pints, before going into work.  😊

Same. I'm still at the same company, albeit have moved offices and all places we watched the games have been demolished! 

53 minutes ago, 479Villan said:

Donald Trump has got to have some of the blame as well?

1 hour ago, mjmooney said:

My barber told me he did the same. Most have been a lot of dodgy haircuts

7 minutes ago, Xela said:

Donald Trump has got to have some of the blame as well?

He seems like a real accountable guy, so I'm sure if there is blame that falls at his feet he'll be the first to take ownership.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Nor-Cal Villan said:

3 hours ago, 479Villan said:

The pitches are awful.

Football fans.

NFL fans sit mixed because the sport has always been that way and the crazy tribalism doesn't extend much beyond the theoretical.

Football fans are (generally) idiots and tribalism is ingrained in having to separate the fans. I guess a continental championship cup final draws a bit more attention then the average NFL game (unless a superbowl has been hosted there I doubt the regular demand comes close).

So throw the two things together and you get what happened.

5 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Football fans.

NFL fans sit mixed because the sport has always been that way and the crazy tribalism doesn't extend much beyond the theoretical.

Football fans are (generally) idiots and tribalism is ingrained in having to separate the fans. I guess a continental championship cup final draws a bit more attention then the average NFL game (unless a superbowl has been hosted there I doubt the regular demand comes close).

So throw the two things together and you get what happened.

Oh I totally understand why it is this way. It’s the “why can’t someone imagine a different way?” part that continually confounds me. It’s as if the powers that are be are saying, “animals are gonna be animals, what can you do?” and 🤷

Six Super Bowls have been hosted in that very arena (out of eleven total in the Miami area)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mjmooney said:

I was on A level exam leave and from memory I missed maybe 1 game, had no problems with the England games, my parents were also away on a 2 week holiday for the group stage

Spent most of it drunk in the morning then playing FF10 in the afternoons and night 

Great memories of that tournament 

7 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Will games be at 7am ? Wont be much fun for us if so 

Welcome to my life! 😝

Edited by Hornso

• 4 weeks later...

It's got to be down the to organisers. Whoever thought that playing Colombia and Uruguay and having fans mixed together was a good idea, clearly doesn't understand the game. It's normal here in North America but the lack of security is worry. You saw it at the Champions League final a few years ago. There needs to be more screening way before getting to the stadium. Set up checkpoints so no one can get in. We even had at Wembley at the last Euros. Alcohol and football brings out the worst in people at times.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â