World Cup : Group G (Eng, Bel, Pan, Tun)

BOF

In fairness I've been happy with what I've seen. England just need to brush the penalty off and get on with things. The teams with the best mentality still win this game 3 or 4-1.

England created loads with good passing triangles and pace and movement against a packed defence so pretty much everything that was missing from the last euros when you look at the performances from that tournament.

Defence always looks like it's got a mistake in its locker though which will be the downfall in the knock outs.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

Mexico, Portugal, Spain

I honestly think england have been up there

The difference comes in possession control etc but in terms of energy and definitely chances created we've been as good as anyone

Just now, villa4europe said:

The difference comes in possession control etc but in terms of energy and definitely chances created we've been as good as anyone

Have to look at opposition though. Portugal and Spain faced off against each other, Mexico dominated Germany first half.

Apparently Tunisia are Africa's best team but I can't believe that when you compare their 11 to what Senegal will have tomorrow. Only heard of Khazri and Abnenyoor their centre half who is injured.

England need to play like this v Belgium and then v Poland/Colombia/Senegal in last 16 and then people can start getting excited.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

Fair enough - I suppose the subtext of my comment is more about how English pundits love to big up the team and then if the team have a bad 45 mins in the 2nd half they will be the first to put the boot in.

I honestly think the 3 teams I mentioned look stronger and Mexico's energy was higher (plus they are technically better.)

• Like 1

Just now, VillaChris said:

Have to look at opposition though. Portugal and Spain faced off against each other, Mexico dominated Germany first half.

Apparently Tunisia are Africa's best team but I can't believe that when you compare their 11 to what Senegal will have tomorrow. Only heard of Khazri and Abnenyoor their centre half who is injured.

England need to play like this v Belgium and then v Poland/Colombia/Senegal in last 16 and then people can start getting excited.

Yep Tunisia are one of the worst teams in the tournament. Massive load of hyped up nonsense being talked by Keown and Ferdinand.

1 minute ago, Xela said:

Sterling has been non existent. Need to bring Rashford on

He did trip himself up at one point as he missed a sitter from about 5 yards.

So for comedy he's been value.

Edited by TheAuthority
  • Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â