coda

6 hours ago, bickster said:

Yesterday I went to Lidl

They had some Bank's Amber Bitter

I'd really forgotten how nice that is

Yep. 99p a bottle at the one by me. Usually pick up a few

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Tayls said:

How did you source these? Been looking online and debating whether to place an order for a mix of different beers from around the world. Something a bit odd about ordering drinks online though… 

I’m guessing Booth’s as the one here has all them in.

17 hours ago, Tayls said:

How did you source these? Been looking online and debating whether to place an order for a mix of different beers from around the world. Something a bit odd about ordering drinks online though… 

As @blandysaid Booths, although I got a similar selection from Bents Garden Centre.  Have ordered online for beer quite often, and all been fine.

Beers at the Ragged Island Brewery in Portsmouth, Rhode Island (play up Pompey!). Sitting on a second-story deck overlooking the brewery’s farm and in the distance the Narragansett Bay

IMG-0295.jpg

So far I have had 2 IPAs, one West Coast style and the other East Coast. Sampled their bitter but it was just OK at best 

Edited by Nor-Cal Villan
  • Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Pint of Vocation Bread and Butter Ale and half a Madri for the missus £7:20, thought that was a decent price for a pubright by the River Dee in Chester

… and as I’m about to post this a picture frame just flew off the wall with no apparent propulsion cause - haunted *Gasp*

image.jpg

• Like 4

Ah feck, had to leave that pub. It was great (the Bear and Billet) until I discovered….

John Lennon grandmother was bloody born here :D 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

21 minutes ago, bickster said:

Ah feck, had to leave that pub. It was great (the Bear and Billet) until I discovered….

The Bear and Billet, wow what memories, seems like it’s still good.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Tegis said:

Viva La Mexico

rUz3e3N.png(very nice)

Nice! Have had Revision beers countless times. They are just over the hill in Nevada, in Sparks/Reno, maybe 3 hours from here. Never had that one as I don’t typically care for Mexican lagers, no matter how well they are made 

• Like 2

Lidl Poland have a great selection of craft stuff. Even in Hungary they had some really good choices. I think Lidl are making a defined effort to dominate this side of the market across Europe.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Lidl Poland have a great selection of craft stuff. Even in Hungary they had some really good choices. I think Lidl are making a defined effort to dominate this side of the market across Europe.

Over the last few weeks there's been a little bit of excitement among beer nerds that in the UK they've started stocking proper Staropramen again. The shite we get in English pubs and supermarkets is a pale imitation brewed in Burton, but Lidl have started selling the Czech stuff.

Twice the beer that the British version is, but still comfortably the worst Czech export beer. 

• Like 2

IMG-0612.jpg

At Hop Dogma Brewery in Half Moon Bay. Ocean just around the corner. Having a nice IPA. Surfing aficionados will know Half Moon Bay as the location(ish) for the legendary Mavericks surfing site 

The sign is funny but true, as this is earthquake country 

Edited by Nor-Cal Villan
  • Like 2

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â