What's your tipple this evening then?

coda

46 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Shocked GIFs on GIPHY - Be Animated

krombacher aren't a big dunkel beer company either, they've done well to find that, I'm pretty sure you can get their pils in sainsburys and its a fairly mid range 6/10 beer

Krombacher Pils 20x0,50L | Getränkewelt

but you can usually also get another dunkel in sainsburys which for me is better

Erdinger Dunkel Wheat Beer – Dexter & Jones

dunkel means dark whereas hells means bright / light, i lean towards the dunkels in the winter and then hells for the summer, if you like the darker beers then also keep an eye out for keller beers (which as you can guess means cellar...) which i know pictures dont mean anything but you might get an idea from this - 

Naturtrübes Kellerbier | Krombacher BrautraditionKrombacher Pils | KrombacherNaturtrübes Dunkel | Krombacher Brautradition

and then if you're lucky you'll find a landbeer which i dont know how to explain

wir-liefern-getränke.de - Es gibt wieder etwas Neues! Ein naturtrübes  Landbier 🍺 aus dem Hause Krombacher mit einem kräftigen Charakter,  dezenter Hopfennote und vollen Malznoten. Ideal zu den deftigeren Herbst-  und Wintergerichten. Wir

Problem is I don't like lager, and most of the stronger beers are too bitter.

This one is just right.

I've had loads bought over in the past, should have taken pics!

1 hour ago, Wainy316 said:

Much to celebrate tonight

Bollinger Special Cuvee Champagne NV Magnum 1.5L | House of Malt

I’ve done the same. Got a bottle of fizz in the fridge now. The idea being to open it at 10pm.

3 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Shocked GIFs on GIPHY - Be Animated

krombacher aren't a big dunkel beer company either, they've done well to find that, I'm pretty sure you can get their pils in sainsburys and its a fairly mid range 6/10 beer

Krombacher Pils 20x0,50L | Getränkewelt

but you can usually also get another dunkel in sainsburys which for me is better

Erdinger Dunkel Wheat Beer – Dexter & Jones

dunkel means dark whereas hells means bright / light, i lean towards the dunkels in the winter and then hells for the summer, if you like the darker beers then also keep an eye out for keller beers (which as you can guess means cellar...) which i know pictures dont mean anything but you might get an idea from this - 

Naturtrübes Kellerbier | Krombacher BrautraditionKrombacher Pils | KrombacherNaturtrübes Dunkel | Krombacher Brautradition

and then if you're lucky you'll find a landbeer which i dont know how to explain

wir-liefern-getränke.de - Es gibt wieder etwas Neues! Ein naturtrübes  Landbier 🍺 aus dem Hause Krombacher mit einem kräftigen Charakter,  dezenter Hopfennote und vollen Malznoten. Ideal zu den deftigeren Herbst-  und Wintergerichten. Wir

I sense another visit to Booths with this page open, always have a great selection of German beers.

7 minutes ago, Sid4ever said:

I sense another visit to Booths with this page open, always have a great selection of German beers.

Augustiner hell is still the best imo but I do like a warsteiner brewers gold 

On 04/07/2024 at 18:34, villa4europe said:

Augustiner hell is still the best imo but I do like a warsteiner brewers gold 

Selection of purchases todayIMG_1298.jpeg.ab0c1cdf1b104ee2d17051c27e7d2cce.jpeg

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Sid4ever said:

Shame you couldn't get the flensburger in a bottle as they're the old fashioned style poppers

Only tried 3 of them, the flensburger is good, the blue and white bottle is good, the augustiner personally is the best beer in Germany 

The spaten is everywhere but I've never tried it

Interested to see what you think of the hells (which for me is the best sunshine beer) the pilsner and the Keller beer, the Keller beer should have more about it profile wise 

• Like 1

We get the Flensburger bottles and they are nice, but they're only 330ml and cost the same as the 500ml imports.

Small bottles fall down when you're entertaining heavy drinkers. You've got to have 500ml for them or it's beer shelf annihilation.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

7 friends, a selection of 100+ different doubles of whiskey.

We called it a night 5 hours in, we didn't even get half way through and I feel like I can see in 4 dimensions

tmUzcB2.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

My mom's fella brought some over, it's hard to explain, I'm not sure what I was expecting with a hint of sea salt, what does that entail? Firstly it's nice, it's a right drop but then moretti is also my favourite UK (!) beer

It's almost like the difference between bud and bud light where it tastes almost watered down, it's lighter than normal moretti, more summery 

download (1).jpeg

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Tegis said:

This olympic opening ceremony is a bit long

dfDHqLk.png

I'm impressed that you can get that in Sweden.   Boulevard started operations in Kansas City about 35 years ago while I was living there.  Some friends and I were somewhat regular at a bit of traditional midwest neighborhood tavern that served only the big, corporate flavorless American lagers until they started a tap of Boulevard Pale.  We were about the only ones ordering it at first, so the bartender would keep refilling us and only charged us for every other one because the keg was going to go bad before it sold out anyway.   Fond memories.   They've become known and available pretty widely in the U.S., but I'm still surprised to see it make its way to Europe.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, il_serpente said:

I'm impressed that you can get that in Sweden. 

We might have a state monopoly on selling booze in store but that is one thing they excel at, not being tied to a corporate budget and shareholding, they really have a exceptional assortment of beers, 4443 different ones when I checked right now.

• Like 2

On 06/07/2024 at 20:26, Sid4ever said:

How did you source these? Been looking online and debating whether to place an order for a mix of different beers from around the world. Something a bit odd about ordering drinks online though… 

I had a spaten last night inspired by seeing it here!

Smooth, very drinkable, tasted clean with hardly any gas so as a sunshine session beer I can imagine you'd be able to pack a few away unfortunately I'd also say it's a bit on the bland side in a busy market, worth a drink but not shouting anything 

1 hour ago, bickster said:

Yesterday I went to Lidl

They had some Bank's Amber Bitter

I'd really forgotten how nice that is

It's very weird what Lidl do sometimes because Lidl Bulgaria has boxes of the stuff and not a single unit has moved. I'll wait until it moves to the discount pile.

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â