What's your tipple this evening then?

coda

45 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Yeah, but I like to sound posh on here 

Anyway on the Estrellas now 

Word to the wise. If that's your aim it's probably best not to admit to drinking in Spoons.  Pretend it's Dirty Martini or Vagabond Wines etc. 

Edited by sidcow

Switched to wine tonight and I have to say if anyone's looking for a decent cheap red, this is on offer in Waitrose at £6.99 (normally £8.99)

First time I've had it tbh but for the pricepoint on a 2015 wine its hard to argue, I'd buy this at full price and feel I was still getting good value

Castillo De Olite 2015. Garnacha, Tempranillo and Graciano grapes. 13.5% ABV

Full bodied fruity and well rounded from the aging process

LN_658697_BP_11.jpg

1 hour ago, bickster said:

Switched to wine tonight and I have to say if anyone's looking for a decent cheap red, this is on offer in Waitrose at £6.99 (normally £8.99)

First time I've had it tbh but for the pricepoint on a 2015 wine its hard to argue, I'd buy this at full price and feel I was still getting good value

Castillo De Olite 2015. Garnacha, Tempranillo and Graciano grapes. 13.5% ABV

Full bodied fruity and well rounded from the aging process

LN_658697_BP_11.jpg

I've really tried with all types of red.

One glass with cheese is all I can manage.

4 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

I've really tried with all types of red.

One glass with cheese is all I can manage.

I like red wine because I drink it slowly. I don't drink white wine because I'd drink it like a glass of cordial and be blitzed in half an hour

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, bickster said:

I like red wine because I drink it slowly. I don't drink white wine because I'd drink it like a glass of cordial and be blitzed in half an hour

Yeah same here :)

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Phil Silvers said:

Struggling to find either at the minute, after a springbank 10 and that Kil 12, know anywhere might have them?

No it seems out of stock everywhere. Another decent Campbeltown is Glen Scotia. It’s on offer at Waitrose atm at £25

Just now, av1 said:

No it seems out of stock everywhere. Another decent Campbeltown is Glen Scotia. It’s on offer at Waitrose atm at £25

That Japanese Whisky I bought the missus for Xmas was on offer at £28, there seem to be a fair amount of booze reductions in Waitrose right now, certainly all the Japanese Whiskies were reduced

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bickster said:

That Japanese Whisky I bought the missus for Xmas was on offer at £28, there seem to be a fair amount of booze reductions in Waitrose right now, certainly all the Japanese Whiskies were reduced

Yeah just looked at their site, some good deals atm. Laphroaig and Ardbeg at £29 and £38 respectively is good value. 

The Nikka one I mentioned above is £44 as well, though this particular Nikka is only sold in 500ml rather than the standard 700ml, so it’s actually a bit more expensive. 

2 minutes ago, av1 said:

The Nikka one I mentioned above is £44 as well, though this particular Nikka is only sold in 500ml rather than the standard 700ml, so it’s actually a bit more expensive. 

Yeah the one I bought at £28 was a 500cl bottle too

Wine is my drink. In the house that's my all night tipple. May start with a beer, gin or whiskey but it's wine that is the main part of the night.  

When out it's beer but I find it a chore drinking beer all night. Always have. 

1 hour ago, bickster said:

So you paint your face white and start wearing frilly clothing? 

I've tried drinking red wine over and over but I just don't like it. 

Like Guinness or brown ale. I'll just sit there sipping away thinking this is shit and probably end up throwing half of it away. 

Edited by sidcow

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â