What's your tipple this evening then?

coda

30 minutes ago, bickster said:

I'm waiting for a go on this. I bought it for the Missus for Xmas (she'd been expressing a desire to try Japanese Whisky) She hasn't opened it yet though

C58445A8-88D6-4883-AE7F-E091CD2E897E.jpeg

Not tried this one but had plenty of Suntory which is a similar blended offering, should be very nice indeed

Hibikii is also excellent 

Edited by Follyfoot
  • Like 1

I'm a big fan of Japanese whisky. Yamazaki 12yo used to be my choice when it was around £40 a bottle, but seems to be £135 now according to Master of Malt. Hibiki at £70 and Hakushu 12yo at £175. Whats happened to the Japanese prices?! 

Edited by Xela

5 minutes ago, Xela said:

I'm a big fan of Japanese whisky. Yamazaki 12yo used to be my choice when it was around £40 a bottle, but seems to be £135 now according to Master of Malt. Hibiki at £70 and Hakushu 12yo at £175. Whats happened to the Japanese prices?! 

Was picking out whiskey for friends from Master of Malt and wanted a Japanese whiskey for myself and I let that dream go. Could not justify the drink for the price. 

I started off today with a Northern Monk Faith but thats a standard beer on my shelves and now I'm on...

Halcyon by Thornbridge. I just realised now I've looked at the can that its 7.4% abv which is much higher than normal for me, though it doesn't taste like its that high. I was going to say I could drink a few of these but that abv makes me rethink that

450x450.jpg

• Like 2

18 hours ago, AlwaysAVFC said:

Had quite a lot of red wine over the last few days. A decent St Emilion and Amarone della Valpolicella. Really enjoyed this one from Aldi though and only about £7. Several bottles sunk. 

M%C3%A9doc-Bordeaux-Rouge-A.jpg?o=r5$Yko

Beer wise, I've had quite a few different Verdant brewery IPA's, all very nice. 

Got one of these in the fridge too which I'm looking forward to trying. 

20211119_121153-01_530x@2x.jpg?v=1637326

Never been a big Whisky drinker but suddenly got 3 bottles in the cupboard too. A mate bought me a bottle of Powers for my birthday, I got a Laphroaig for Christmas and was given a Highland Park Viking honour. All 3 have been opened. 

Verdant are the mutt’s nuts. Track are making some great DIPAs right now and Cloudwater TIPAs.

11 hours ago, Seat68 said:

Was picking out whiskey for friends from Master of Malt and wanted a Japanese whiskey for myself and I let that dream go. Could not justify the drink for the price. 

I did a quick browse of the interweb and seems that Japanese distilleries can't keep up with demand as Japanese whisky has become much more in demand, hence the increase in prices. 

I did see a bottle of Suntory Toki in Morrisons earlier. £35. Never had it before though so can't recommend. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Xela said:

I did a quick browse of the interweb and seems that Japanese distilleries can't keep up with demand as Japanese whisky has become much more in demand, hence the increase in prices. 

I did see a bottle of Suntory Toki in Morrisons earlier. £35. Never had it before though so can't recommend. 

Driving around the mere green island, I am sure I saw a shop/micro bar next to the turkish barbers or near it.

Is it any good ?

5 hours ago, mottaloo said:

Driving around the mere green island, I am sure I saw a shop/micro bar next to the turkish barbers or near it.

Is it any good ?

Not been in myself but a pal likes it. 

• Thanks 1

Drank far too much on my missus birthday . Called it a night about 1 in morning. Had two days of doing next to nowt feeling sorry for myself. Slightly perking up today but then realised we are going over her brothers in Coventry for drinks this afternoon/evening. Staying over of course. Not looking forward to it too much , so thought I’d have a whiskey whilst having a shave to see if that works 

8931621B-11FA-46D4-9B1F-7F04B4680CB0.jpeg

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Drank far too much on my missus birthday . Called it a night about 1 in morning. Had two days of doing next to nowt feeling sorry for myself. Slightly perking up today but then realised we are going over her brothers in Coventry for drinks this afternoon/evening. Staying over of course. Not looking forward to it too much , so thought I’d have a whiskey whilst having a shave to see if that works 

8931621B-11FA-46D4-9B1F-7F04B4680CB0.jpeg

Whatever you do,  don't use it as aftershave!

• Haha 1

On 27/12/2021 at 23:03, sidcow said:

Come on then VT. I'm looking for a bottle of Whiskey to put on my Birthday list.  Say £35-£40.  Any recommendations appreciated.👍

Talisker 10

Dalwhinne 15

Glen Dronach 15 

Laphroaig 10

Laphroaig QC

Clyneish 14

Deanston 12 

15 minutes ago, av1 said:

Talisker 10

Dalwhinne 15

Glen Dronach 15 

Laphroaig 10

Laphroaig QC

Clyneish 14

Deanston 12 

If you can get these ar that price range I'll have some too pal.

Have u tried Kilkerran12 yet?

Edit.. big thumbs up for Deanston12 from me too, virgin oak too. Both very good for this.money.

Edited by Phil Silvers

44 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

If you can get these ar that price range I'll have some too pal.

Have u tried Kilkerran12 yet?

Edit.. big thumbs up for Deanston12 from me too, virgin oak too. Both very good for this.money.

Yes mate the Kilkerran is lovely. I love most things from Campbeltown, Springbank is another favourite 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â