What's your tipple this evening then?

coda

snapshotimagehandler_2105009818.jpeg?h=5

Not a big one on stouts, but thought I'd try this blueberry waffle 'breakfast' stout (why on earth would you ever drink one at breakfast? The rest of the day would be a write-off . . .) and I have to say - not bad! It really does taste of blueberry waffles at least, which is the point. Feels stronger than its 6.9% too. Going to bed with a real buzz on.

• Like 3

20 hours ago, Xela said:

@fightoffyour You seem to drink a lot of the Funky Fluid brewery. I've seen a few gelato or pastry sours. Must be good I take it?

Very good if you like your sours on the sweet side as well, there's are all juicebombs! Forbidden Sunshine from Maltgarden is another great one, that's a mango and peach cheesecake pastry sour.

• Like 1

Had a weekend off the beer. 

Here is todays tipple. Very nice and refreshing. 

Vedett Extra White - wheat beer. 

070520190340_153583FLS-1.png

• Like 3

Sort of finished a work project (but not actually, still got a couple of hours to go 😞) but hit the beers early out of frustration/celebration anyway:

snapshotimagehandler_602909037.jpeg?h=54

A really nice beer. Had a salty pork belly Bún for dinner, with too much fish sauce and soy sauce, so needed something sweet and refreshing to take the salt burn off, and this did the trick nicely. Really has the feel of a mango and pineapple lassi on a sunny day.

mikkeller_new_eng_india_pale_2.png

'Heated Seats' is another Mikkeller offering, this time a New England Pale Ale with a faint stone fruit flavour. I normally find beers like these quite watery, but Mikkeller are always reliable and this was pleasant. Would fancy sessioning IMO.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Sort of finished a work project (but not actually, still got a couple of hours to go 😞) but hit the beers early out of frustration/celebration anyway:

snapshotimagehandler_602909037.jpeg?h=54

A really nice beer. Had a salty pork belly Bún for dinner, with too much fish sauce and soy sauce, so needed something sweet and refreshing to take the salt burn off, and this did the trick nicely. Really has the feel of a mango and pineapple lassi on a sunny day.

mikkeller_new_eng_india_pale_2.png

'Heated Seats' is another Mikkeller offering, this time a New England Pale Ale with a faint stone fruit flavour. I normally find beers like these quite watery, but Mikkeller are always reliable and this was pleasant. Would fancy sessioning IMO.

Both look delicious. I’ll have a beer tonight if we manage at least a point, otherwise I’ll wait to go out tomorrow and drink all of the beer. We have a 31 degrees C and full on sunny day so I’ll need refreshments.

• Like 1

I never realised there is another Budweiser company, this one from Czechia.  I was skeptical when my mate said to try this dark lager by them but it's right up my alley.  By the way, I'm proud that after about 8 years on this site I've finally worked out how to put a picture into a post :lol:

spacer.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

I never realised there is another Budweiser company, this one from Czechia.  I was skeptical when my mate said to try this dark lager by them but it's right up my alley.  By the way, I'm proud that after about 8 years on this site I've finally worked out how to put a picture into a post :lol:

Both over 120 years old and they've always argued about the name. Budweiser (USA) is just called Bud in most of Europe. Both sell as Budweiser in the UK though

Its like the whole Magners/Bulmers name thing. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Xela said:

Both over 120 years old and they've always argued about the name. Budweiser (USA) is just called Bud in most of Europe. Both sell as Budweiser in the UK though

I always thought it was the same company with Bud trying to sell a czech style beer. Every days a school day. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Xela said:

And neither of them is the original!

There is a third Budweiser Brewery which has been going much longer but doesn't have the Trade Mark rights. The Budweier Sharky shows is Budweiser Budvar but Budweiser Burgerbrau is the original Bud, this was marketed as Samson 1795 (The year the brewery was founded). It is also the Budweiser that Mr Busch sampled and decided to recreate back in America

So the only relation between Bud and Budvar is the name and the subsequent trade mark dispute. Annheuser Busch however bought the Original Budweiser Brewery a few years ago, mainly to aid them in the Trade Mark dispute, so the original Budweiser is now owned by the US Bud firm!

• Thanks 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â