What's your tipple this evening then?

coda

Went on a pub crawl around Jewellery Quarter and St. Pauls on the weekend.

Forgot what the pub was called, but it did amazing breakfasts (i had bacon sarnie) and 4 different kinds of Budvar (my fave larger).  Dark, normal, half and half & cherry.

Then had obligatory Margaritas at the Rose Villa.  Was a good day.  Paddywhack ended it by being sick in an alley opposite a Colley Gate curry house and pissing himself when he went to the bathroom to be sick at home.

Well done Paddy :):thumb:

• Like 2

Got a Saturday pub crawl planned for me and my mates pre Christmas. We'll be taking in the Clifden and Rose Villa amongst other places. Looking forward to it. 

Just now, Xela said:

Got a Saturday pub crawl planned for me and my mates pre Christmas. We'll be taking in the Clifden and Rose Villa amongst other places. Looking forward to it. 

Just don't bother going to the Jam house at 7, we were the only feckers in there!  We did start at 10am mind.

I think it's probably the last place that I ever go out where I actually feel comfortable and even like the fact that I have to make an effort, got a night out in the jewellery quarter and Saint Paul's in mid December, we'll end up in snobs, I'll wear something from the bottom of my wardrobe, with the jam house it just a different vibe but not one that I begrudge

Just got back from Warsaw (which I highly recommend btw - it's a cool city, a great night out and ermergerd the womeeeeennnnnnn) and brought a bottle of this back:

miodula%20prezydencka%20box.jpg

It's a honey vodka. I expected it to taste like mead but it doesn't at all. It's quite sweet and vanilla-y but keeps that satisfying warmth of vodka without being at all harsh (it's very smooth). I would recommend it. Apparently they only make 4,000 bottles a year and give 500 to the president to give out as diplomatic gifts.

I'm all over just straight liqueur over ice these days. I can't really stomach beer so much now as it just leaves me feeling really bloated. It never used to... :(

• Like 1

I've basically knocked beer on the head due to the bloatiness now. I'll have one occasionally, but have barred myself from two. It's just the Guiness, red wine, single malt, bourbon, rum, cocktails or cider left for me now :(:P

speaking of which, tonight, post work shall be a niceish chilean wine called Perez Cruz. Not bad at all.

Edited by Rodders
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Xela said:

Liking this at the moment. My lager of choice presently 

korev-on-the-beach-sb-550x413.jpg

Ooh, that looks nice. I've gone back on lager, recently. It's great that more places sell good stuff now, rather than the mass produced, piss water like Carling, Carlsberg and Fosters.

Indeed, there are some excellent pubs in Birmingham now.

Was chatting to a mate last night when we were at the Station pub in Kings Heath, and we both agreed that the best pubs in suburban Brum were south of the city in places like Harborne, Moseley, Kings Heath etc. We are north Brum but there seems to be a lack of genuinely decent boozers there nowadays. 

7 minutes ago, Xela said:

Was chatting to a mate last night when we were at the Station pub in Kings Heath, and we both agreed that the best pubs in suburban Brum were south of the city in places like Harborne, Moseley, Kings Heath etc. We are north Brum but there seems to be a lack of genuinely decent boozers there nowadays. 

Depends where you are North brum and what your drinking. Will be interested to see what the new micro brewery place in Sutton will be like

Friday night is cocktail night at the rubberman's.  It came from trying to use up various holiday stickies and has ended up with us buying a full cabinet, shaker, glasses etc.  Tonight is a winter negroni:  Bourbon, Campari and sweet vermouth + dash of vanilla bitters.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Xela said:

Jeez, the Station in KH. What's that like these days? Last time I was in there must have been about 1972, when it was old West Indian guys playing darts or dominoes in the bar, and a very stuffy carpet-and-flock-wallpaper lounge full of old dears drinking sherry. But it was cheap, and just round the corner from my mate's house. 

Â